2 gas motors that hate the cold

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Nothing wrong with starting Fluid, one squirt to get her running, if not you have other problems. Do not keep it running on starting Crack but one shot to wake up the beast. Have used it for 41 years and never blew up an motor.
    Works great as a flame thrower with a lighter for Wasp nest also………

tim hurley

Thanks BC-once those motors start all is good-that thing runs like a champ once it gets going.

isu22andy

In highschool we ran a push lawn mower motor on starting fluid thinking it would blow up. We were so disappointed. Emptied the whole can in the gas tank eventually . It never did die If I remember right .

tim hurley

Like me (and more so my wife) the challenge is getting started.

mojogunter

I had a triumph TR7 back in the 80’s that had those awful weber carbs on it that were not good on a cold start. I once gave it a shot of starting fluid and a valve stuck and hit a piston. I was told due to the design of those aluminum heads, the starting fluid dried out the oil on the valve stem causing it to stick. The valve did stick and did hit a piston. I don’t know if that was really the cause, but it did happen the one and only time I tried it. My long winded point being in some cases starting fluid may cause $$$$ problems.

wkw

I have a Ariens snowblower that doesnt like cold weather. I have given it a shot of starting fluid in below 0 temps. 5W30 oil will fix that?

MX1825

I have a Ariens snowblower that doesnt like cold weather. I have given it a shot of starting fluid in below 0 temps. 5W30 oil will fix that?

5w30 SYNTHETIC works wonders sometimes.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.