1883 Watchers – Spoiler alert to those who have not finished the season

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I really enjoyed watching this show this season. Even though it is part of the whole Yellowstone series it stands well as a solo series. Far different flow than Yellowstone to me. I thought the acting by both Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw was really good. Especially because they do not come from a big acting background. As always Sam Elliott was GREAT as a rough old cowboy. The woman who played Elsa also did a wonderful job.
    Rather a sad and unexpected ending, but as Taylor Sheridan said, Life doesn’t always end up all upbeat and happy. I was a little shocked when I looked to see if there was going to be a 2nd season, and found out that it looks like there is not going to be. Sheridan said he wrote it as a single season with no plans to continue it. There does look to be another in the Dutton series that leads us up to the current Yellowstone show. I believe it takes place in 1932. I’m already looking forward to that one.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My wife and I watched the season.

I admittedly like Yellowstone better, as 1883 moved quite slow in some of the middle portions of the season…but overall it was a good show. The ending was sad, but it really leaves a blank canvass for whatever spinoff series goes from that point forward to the Yellowstone banner series.

Sheridan is striking gold with this line of shows. It’s definitely bringing in traditional viewers, along with a demographic that isn’t really into watching TV series. This and Yellowstone are the only series I can remember making time to stay up-do-date with and watch within the last decade.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Maybe they’ll do an 1884 series where they build up the ranch.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There’s going to be a second season. It was intended to be one season, but it was way more popular than anticipated and sounds like they will be doing another season. Yellowstone Ranch was founded in 1886, so they will at least get to that, and I’d bet lead into the 1932 series. Taylor Sheridan has like 5 more shows coming out on Paramount, including some non-westerns more in line with his Mayor of Kingstown series.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

I thought it was a fantastic series! Loved it! Way better than Yellowstone, especially after this last let-down of a season.

From what I understand there is a 2nd season now in the works, as there should be. Seems to be plenty of that story left to be told.

Remember that flash forward to when James stumbles into the home wounded and you hear Margaret screaming and we’re left to assume that’s when he dies? What happened there? Did I miss something?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

There’s going to be a second season. It was intended to be one season, but it was way more popular than anticipated and sounds like they will be doing another season. Yellowstone Ranch was founded in 1886, so they will at least get to that, and I’d bet lead into the 1932 series. Taylor Sheridan has like 5 more shows coming out on Paramount, including some non-westerns more in line with his Mayor of Kingstown series.

That’s interesting. Everything I can find on a 2nd season of 1883 says NO. But like most things if there is more money to be made anything is possible.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I thought it was a fantastic series! Loved it! Way better than Yellowstone, especially after this last let-down of a season.

From what I understand there is a 2nd season now in the works, as there should be. Seems to be plenty of that story left to be told.

Remember that flash forward to when James stumbles into the home wounded and you hear Margaret screaming and we’re left to assume that’s when he dies? What happened there? Did I miss something?

That seen where James was shot was a flashback from Yellowstone Season 4 episode 8, and James group are wearing badges and hang some horse thieves

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.