1 Billion

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No need to undercut. We can team up and split the duties, monopolize this!

Deal. That works for me !!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Invest a good amount into personal security – you’ll need it.

That is one thing that has always bothered me. Some states you can claim winnings without your name being published. Others you can not.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ThunderLund78 wrote:</div>
    Invest a good amount into personal security – you’ll need it.

That is one thing that has always bothered me. Some states you can claim winnings without your name being published. Others you can not.

I think you now can claim anonymously in MN HOWEVER with an enormous amount of money like this it should be done through a third party. You find the best and biggest law firm there is in the twin cities and become a client.

duh queen

I’d quickly become among the most miserable folks on earth. My new job would be giving the money away(after keeping a few mill for myself). Imagine all the deadbeat panhandlers you’d need to sort through/screen just to get to the truly needy. I’d probably buy a bunch of businesses and turn them into non-profits(with the intention of burning through the money slower, while training folks in marketable trades & skills). So, in summary, if I’m gonna win that money, I’d better get busy hunting and fishing right now, ’cause I ain’t gonna have the time after I win.

B-man

The idea of having boats and cabins on multiple lakes sounds like every man’s dream, until you think of the logistics…It would be a nightmare to manage them all, or even manage to have someone manage them all.

Your life would be far less stressful and far more fun blowing some of that money at resorts.

There’s nothing easier than walking into a full service resort with a pocketful of $100 bills. They have the boats, the beds and the beers. Just bring money and let them handle the logistics waytogo

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The idea of having boats and cabins on multiple lakes sounds like every man’s dream, until you think of the logistics…It would be a nightmare to manage them all, or even manage to have someone manage them all.

Your life would be far less stressful and far more fun blowing some of that money at resorts.

There’s nothing easier than walking into a full service resort with a pocketful of $100 bills. They have the boats, the beds and the beers. Just bring money and let them handle the logistics waytogo

Agree. And then just purchase land and a nice cabin. Not some wild multi million dollar cabin but a modest one that can be easily cared for

Ripjiggen

I don’t think you would have to be miserable. Smart but not miserable.
    Look at a guy like Shaq. He gives money away all the time. Sometimes he just walks into a store and buys some things for kids or a needy person on the street. We would be less famous than he is. I have a pretty small family and network of friends now at my age. Take care of those ones and take off for a while. I know a guy that sold his first tech company for a 3/4 of a billion at 35 years old. Dude definitely not miserable. Smart but not miserable.
    It would be pretty easy to make it all go away if you wanted to.

Ripjiggen

Oh there would be plenty of destination fishing trips to be had.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t think I’d have a problem telling people no, and would enjoy it for a few in particular lol. I’d buy a few nice properties for my family around the western world and AirBnB them when I’m not around. Take care of my immediate family, and then offer lines of credit to close friends and extended family at 1-3% interest, and hire friends/family to run my rental and lending contract businesses. At 40 years old you have a pretty good idea who to trust, and the lawyer and accountant on staff would be tasked to audit them. But I agree with the previous post on setting it up for revenue streams for my grand kids grand kids.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I could care less about investing it, bigger problem is spending it.
    I want my last check to bounce, the one for my funeral.

We talked about this before but I’d up my game a bit.
    I’d customize a new 737 w/ pilot on call of course
    150 footer in the South of France and a Chalet in Monte Carlo
    Lodge in Yellowstone
    Villa in Italy
    Gotta have someplace to stay in Thailand
    Homes all over the US, all over

Yes, Security, Trusted Accounting firm to pay my bills, Merican Eagle to drive me around.
    What more ya need?

After that, I’d really start spending money.

When your that rich everything is basically free. Everything!

Justin Donson

Definitely would pay off all the debts for me and my family, pay off a few friend’s houses, that kind of stuff.

I’d buy a place in St. John high up on the mountain with a westward view to St. Thomas to watch the sunsets. Aim to more or less live there in the winter. Buy a nice saltwater boat and a nice dinghy, moor them in Cruz Bay and Coral Bay so I can go fishing and visit the BVI when we want. Puttzing around the north side of St. john on a daily basis with my own boat would be amazing.

Probably buy a place in Northern MN or NW Ontario. Upgrade homes in the cities here as we’d live here until the kids get through high school.

Travel. A lot.

Do every amazing fishing trip I’ve ever wanted to do. Every year. Great Slave, Tree River, Taltson Bay, Cedros Island, Alaska, etc.

And be ready to spend a lot of money flying friends/family around with us, as we’d get bored traveling by ourselves.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Ok after thinking about it your right except I would still want my own boat with all the goodies.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Dream all you guys want,, I bought the winner a couple hours ago. devil whistling waytogo

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you take the lump sum option, there will be a federal tax of 24% on your winnings — about $143.2 million. You’d also owe more at tax time, another 13% or about $77.5 million, according to the USA Mega website, which would bring your total winnings to $375,958,045.10

Tough to make ends meet paying those taxes.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Looks like it going to 1.5 billion ! Until the cash is in the hand most people don’t know how this will change your life. Because it will most definitely change lives. For a few it will be good and the rest, well the problems that come with receiving big money are well documented. Now where is my winning ticket LOl

Snake ii’s

I’d arrange fishing contests for $1 million winner takes all – biggest fish. No electronics, motors/boats or gear manufactured after 1980 allowed.

One for open water and one for hard water.

Anyone caught cheating will be tatooed “cheater” on their forehead.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Investing? Saving? Planning for future generations? No thanks. I came into this world with nothing and I will go out the same way. You need to look no further than the gossip rags to see what a pile of generational cash does to some. I will buy a home for relatives and enough cash to retire then they are on their own. Not another dime ever.

Bunch for the food shelves, homeless shelters, battered women / kids homes.

Rest is mine and stay out of the way while I blow it. wink

maddogg

Looks like it going to 1.5 billion ! Until the cash is in the hand most people don’t know how this will change your life. Because it will most definitely change lives. For a few it will be good and the rest, well the problems that come with receiving big money are well documented. Now where is my winning ticket LOl

No ticked for me.
    I don’t need to be looking over my shoulder the rest of my life.

CaptainMusky

The wife bought 10 tickets and we got a number and the powerball for a whopping $4. You know, we should get the people of IDO all together to invest as a group. I think we could have a lot of fun blowing that money together! LOL We used to do it at work, but havent done it in years because the gal that did it retired. Perhaps she won and never told us LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The wife bought 10 tickets and we got a number and the powerball for a whopping $4. You know, we should get the people of IDO all together to invest as a group. I think we could have a lot of fun blowing that money together! LOL We used to do it at work, but havent done it in years because the gal that did it retired. Perhaps she won and never told us LOL

I’m in. I got 20 on it.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I could care less about investing it, bigger problem is spending it.
    I want my last check to bounce, the one for my funeral.

We talked about this before but I’d up my game a bit.
    I’d customize a new 737 w/ pilot on call of course
    150 footer in the South of France and a Chalet in Monte Carlo
    Lodge in Yellowstone
    Villa in Italy
    Gotta have someplace to stay in Thailand
    Homes all over the US, all over

Yes, Security, Trusted Accounting firm to pay my bills, Merican Eagle to drive me around.
    What more ya need?

After that, I’d really start spending money.

When your that rich everything is basically free. Everything!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    YEP!!
    But then once again,
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
    “I could care less about investing it, bigger problem is spending it.
    I want my last check to bounce, the one for my funeral.”
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Timmy

I’d throw away all of my socks and buy 100 pairs of new ones. Never have mismatched socks again.

A guy can dream….

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

My luxury item would be a fresh chocolate torte cake for me every day. At the end of the week, send all the uneaten cake to a church, nursing home, hospital, etc.

Deuces

My luxury item would be a fresh chocolate torte cake for me every day. At the end of the week, send all the uneaten cake to a church, nursing home, hospital, etc.

Guy wins a billion dollars, sends a half eaten torte cake to poor people doah jester

Sorry, left a softball there

MX1825

Not sure any of those places would even accept a partially eaten cake in this day and age. doah

CaptainMusky

Not sure any of those places would even accept a partially eaten cake in this day and age.

I dont know who would take that at any time. Gross.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Not sure any of those places would even accept a partially eaten cake in this day and age.

Back at several of my past jobs, you could get rid of anything by leaving it in the employee lounge that is closest to the engineering and/or software dev group. It’s like an alligator farm at feeding time, whatever I would throw in there was gobbled up in seconds.

My father was a teacher, principal, and supt of schools and his contention was that you could put anything in the teacher’s lounge and it would disappear within minutes.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>

Not sure any of those places would even accept a partially eaten cake in this day and age. doah

Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode when they tried to donate all the muffin “stumps”….. rotflol

Deuces

One of the most memorable episodes for me rotflol

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

#1 Just because I were to get a fresh cake every day wouldn’t mean I ate a fresh piece of cake every day. The cakes that had pieces taken from them would go to employee lounges. That is precisely what I had in mind, actually. If your privileged ass turns its nose up at a high-quality, expensive cake because somebody took a piece, and it’s a day or two old, that is your business. Lots of people would be grateful for the gesture. I find the thought of putting an edible high-quality cake in the garbage grossly wasteful. Beyond gross, in fact, I find the thought morally disgusting.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.