Another great IDO dog going to heaven.

Another great IDO dog going to heaven.

• chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I have to make the trip to the vet tomorrow morning that all of us dog lovers dread.My pup has cancer.We had surgery done in oct.and things were going great and last fri. morn.she didn’t have much of an appetite.I was dumbfounded, on thurs.night she was chewing my ass because I was late with the ice cream.We got her out of the pound and she was about 5yrs.old,a heeler/terrier mix.I was surprised how she attached instantly and we were great together.She was stubborn and bullheaded,selective hearing,peed outside.I could not believe it we were almost twins.If I went fishing she had to go it didn’t matter open water or hardwater.If I didn’t take her I got chewed out.I take comfort in knowing the GF and I gave her 9 damn great years and I am doing her justice by ending the pain.I miss her already and she’s still with me but it’s going to be a long night of tears.I still have the memories and some of our favorite fishing spots to visit and reminisce so hopefully that will get me by for awhile.I thank anyone who reads this as I just needed to talk.In closing I would like to say give your pup a big hug and kiss it’s the holidays you don’t know when it will end.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

So sorry Chuck. RIP Phoebe.

Timmy

I raise a glass and take a sip to her. Take comfort in knowing the good outweighs the bad. My condolences.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Sorry to hear this. Dogs are such amazing companions and it’s so hard to say goodbye. I’m not sure what humans did to deserve a dog’s affection, but I’m sure glad to share my life with my two boys. I’ll hug them extra hard for you and Phoebe tonight.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

It’s tough. I had to put Lily, our Brit down earlier this year. What i learned was to not be selfish.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

So sorry. I’ve been there. Cancer is a bitch. RIP, Phoebe.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Well at 12:05 today the fire in her eyes went out.I don’t know if I can muster another tear.I just want to say thanks for the companionship Phoebe,but most of all the love. Merry Christmas to all the IDO dogs.RIP Phoebe – we love you.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Thank you everyone.Merry Christmas to the IDO dogs parents also.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Chuck, sorry for your loss.
    “Mans best friend” is an understatement.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.