Oldies brought back to life…

Oldies brought back to life…

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I dug thru some stuff that had been packed away a long time ago and found a box of heads cast in Do-It Tip-Up and Minnow Head molds. Both had plastic retention barbs cast on but I remove those.

The heads were dipped first in Pro Tec Alewife color powder coat, the brush dusted using the Ruby Slipper and Dragonfly to two tone the heads. While I never use eyes on personal jigs I added some small ones on the Minnow Heads for the camera. These three colors are some that haven’t been out of the paint stash in quite a while but its apparent that they’ll still make some pretty heads.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I dug thru the pile of jigs that the above were part of and found more of the same and the same size so I powder coated all of them in the Alewife color. Instead of the brush dusting this time I used the air brush and acrylics to do the purple and chartreuse. On the painted heads that had a smooth enough surface I added silver eyes and finished by giving all of them a bath in Seal Coat.

The more I use the Alewife powder coat the more I am liking the color. The nature of the color makes it fall right into place with quite a few standard colors and in these jigs makes a super mid section color where the other two fade into it in the middle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.