You Tube TV

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I know there was a thread recently complaining about the price increase. Cost aside, whats the over-all impression of those that have it? Decent programming? Would you do it again? Enough decent programs to keep your interest? Sports?

Coletrain27

I was the one that mentioned the cost increase. I stayed with them and they did add a few more channels with the increase. To me it’s worth it and if you want the fox north channels there one of the only ones that carry it. I don’t watch a lot of sports stuff but I do watch a lot of the twins games. Watching them choke right now actually toast

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

I’m a big fan. Even after the price increase last month its still much cheaper for me than what cable would be. Easy to find what you’re looking for, main screen is straight forward, and more sports channels than you’ll know what to do with. Has a bunch of shows and a few movies, similar to netflix, included on it too. No contract so you can cancel anytime you’d like. Highly recommend it.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I love it Dutch. You’ll be happy to get all your MN sports plus your wrasslin.

I was pretty strict about getting it. The wife has her shows (don’t they all) and we didn’t want her to lose out on those channels. I really didn’t want to miss a single game that I wanted to watch, meaning I needed FSN, NBCSN for some Wild games, Big Ten Network for Gopher football games, and all the channels that carry NFL games. And so far I haven’t had to miss a game.

With DirecTV we never paid to upgrade to the “genie” or whatever their new stuff was, so we couldn’t “take our TV anywhere” like they advertise. With YouTube TV you can stream it on your TV, phone, laptop, tablet, etc.

My only regret is not going to it sooner.

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

For live TV you can’t beat it. Fox Sports North is included. My only complaint is it is owned by Google so instead of “learning” my viewing habits (primarily Fox News) it keeps trying to steer me to CNN, MSNBC, YTT. Maybe I’m just a grumpy conspiracy theorist but I swear it happens. Any others experience this?

dk55403

We have it and were upset about the price increase until I realized that I could let my in laws use my account at their house also. I am not charging them to use but makes me feel that I am getting more for my money.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

We have it and were upset about the price increase until I realized that I could let my in laws use my account at their house also

Another good point. I believe you get up to 6 screens with each membership. They dont need to come from the same address, like some other streaming services require, so it’d be easy to share/split cost with another family.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dk55403 wrote:</div>
    We have it and were upset about the price increase until I realized that I could let my in laws use my account at their house also

Another good point. I believe you get up to 6 screens with each membership. They dont need to come from the same address, like some other streaming services require, so it’d be easy to share/split cost with another family.

It is actually 3 streams. I actually was a customer but dropped the service when the price increase hit. With no sports that I care to watch I didn’t feel the need to have it. When I had the service I was happy with it.

Gerty

We love it at our house!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tbro16 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dk55403 wrote:</div>

It is actually 3 streams. I actually was a customer but dropped the service when the price increase hit. With no sports that I care to watch I didn’t feel the need to have it. When I had the service I was happy with it.

I stand corrected! My apologies.

The Pessimist

For live TV you can’t beat it. Fox Sports North is included. My only complaint is it is owned by Google so instead of “learning” my viewing habits (primarily Fox News) it keeps trying to steer me to CNN, MSNBC, YTT. Maybe I’m just a grumpy conspiracy theorist but I swear it happens. Any others experience this?

Eye – If you create a custom channel guide and remove those channels you should not have them appear as an option on the home screen. I removed several channels from the guide and the app never tries to steer me to the channels I removed. Every night at 7:00 it notifies me that Tucker Carlson is starting. grin

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Wait… I cancelled them because they dropped fox sports north. Now I have 2 streaming services to get all the channels I want. If they have FSN back, I might just have to go back.

toddrun

YouTube TV is still pretty young in its development, and as will all services, as they grow, add more channels, the price will go up. And as a consumer, you really only have 2 choices, pay more for more channels or drop the service. I started at $40/month, it was raised to $50/month, and now is $60/month. I suspect it will eventually get to over $100/month by the time it ends, and they will have well over 100 channels like the other services, most of which no one cares about.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.