Yote doqn

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

After missing a shot op at this one last week I redeemed myself last night. He came into 30 yards of my bow stand and the Trophy Ridge Hammerhead did it’s magic. One down a bunch to go.

Attachments:
    1. 20150930_162912.jpg

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great job! We gotta keep these buggers in check.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nice shot waytogo
    Now there is a bonus system for next years’ deer contest. Add 2 pnts for every song dog killed! whistling whistling toast

sticker

Nice shot waytogo
    Now there is a bonus system for next years’ deer contest. Add 2 pnts for every song dog killed! whistling whistling toast

I like that idea a lot!!

Hoyt4
    NULL

Nice work Sticker

sticker

I need to get bigger keys on my phone. I just saw the title and it should be Yote down doah coffee

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Nice job.

Just out of curiosity, it looks like you aimed for that classic kill spot right below the tail where the main sphincteroid artery comes down? whistling whistling whistling Nice shot! That’s one of the tougher kill spots to hit with a bow, most average guys go for the easy kill spots further, um, forward. rotflol

Grouse

sticker

Now that’s funny stuff Grouse moon I just watched the video I took again this morning. When I had the shot he was quartered away. Upon release of the arrow he spun(must have heard the bow) to straight away. it’s obvious where the arrow entered, but it went straight up the spine toward the head and the arrow was buried to about 3″ short of the fletching. The hammerhead must have torn him up good because he made it about 30 yards and piled up. I wish I had time to edit the video, cause it’s pretty cool seeing the luminock go, but I don’t and it’s about 9 minutes long. He messed around quite a while before coming in to 30 yards.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

POOR PUPPY. Lol.! Way to go. waytogo … rrr

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Whatever gets the job done.

Post us a Youtube video, I’d love to see it.

Grouse

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Just asking,… what do you do with them after you get one? Is the skin worth anything? Just leave it lay, or find a dumpster?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Just asking,… what do you do with them after you get one? Is the skin worth anything? Just leave it lay, or find a dumpster?

Chuck, later in the winter the pelts have value if there is no mange, nut rubbed up, or isn’t “thin”.

It can appear wasteful at face value. But coyotes have few predators to fear, are extremely near the top for transmitting mange, and reproduce almost like rabbits. By the time you begin to see a few coyotes around, you have a lot. It is very easy for them to populate beyond the carrying capacity of the habitat and either leave or starve. Mother nature is much more brutal than an arrow up the arse of a yote.

If the show any sign of mange, I destroy them.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Assumed they were just tossed…. and didn’t think there could be a good use. I have nothing against getting rid of a bunch of them. Living in a populated area, they are a problem too frequently. Hunting them off seems like a potential good time.

kooty
    Keymaster

They may be the most fun and challenging critter I hunt.

sticker

This one looked to have a decent hide, but the hair was slipping so it wasn’t worth anything. A couple more weeks and they may be worth a few bucks, by November I will for sure skin them and sell them.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This one looked to have a decent hide, but the hair was slipping so it wasn’t worth anything. A couple more weeks and they may be worth a few bucks, by November I will for sure skin them and sell them.

I’ve been trying to get a good one to skin and tan for the trophy room wall. Ever since I had the idea, “Hey, I should keep one…” the results have been:

2 with mange.
    1 with buckshot that had to be finished off with a .243. Pelt damage was an issue.
    1 in October with the hair still slipping and not full enough.
    2 misses (I don’t want to talk about it)
    0 coyotes shot last year. Mojo Critter needs a pep talk, obviously it’s the critter’s fault for not showing initiative and a can-do spirit.

But as Kooty says, get one coyote roaring in, and the whole thing is worthwhile. The 2 that I missed came running across my lap about 30 seconds after I started calling and I find it very difficult to shoot well when I’m in the process of cr@pping myself.

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster

Haha. I no more than got into my stand last week and I spot a dirty dog 100 yards from me. He was lucky I’m not allowed to carry the bang stick along with my bow in SD. He’s very photogenic too. Got him on almost every camera in the last 10 days. Come Nov 1, he’s gonna get a hot lead injection.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Sounds to me like you need to start carrying a old arrow and make it rain! 100yds is in range…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Sounds to me like you need to start carrying a old arrow and make it rain! 100yds is in range…

Well, as we’ve always said, Kooty, you’re no Sticker. rotflol rotflol rotflol

Grouse

kooty
    Keymaster

Haha. I have the old arrow with an old Wasp broadhead all ready to go. The rest of the year I’m on yote patrol since I’m tagless now. Can’t wait for man week Nov 1 – 8.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.