Yellow Bass Bonanza, Clear Lake Iowa

• Bryan Shelton

I just registered online last night for the Yellow Bass Bonanza on Clear Lake in Iowa. Has anyone ever don’t this event in the past. It looks like a blast. Yellows are a lot of fun to catch and that lake is full of them. Looks like a pretty big and growing event!

Bryan

Rick Janssen

I have not fished at the event, but fish Clear Lake all the time. I tend to avoid crowds when fishing so this type of event does not appeal to me. Now that I have said that, it is a GREAT EVENT. LOTS of people so be ready for that. LOTS of fish too. I would suggest some prefishing at least the day before. The whole key to catching the yellow bass in CL is to MOVE. There are huge schools of yellow bass and you just have to keep moving to find them. For summer fishing this year it was hard NOT to catch a yellow bass. When I would go over them the depth finder would be covered with marks. DRILL lots of hole, move around and try stuff until you get it right and then HAVE FUN. Just be prepared for big crowds and enjoy.

Bryan Shelton

Thanks for the response! I plan on pre-fishing the day before to see if I can locate some. How is the little lake for them? Or should I focus on the main lake? I haven’t fished Clear Lake very often.
    PM me if you would like!

Bryan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.