Lets see some Yar Crafts!

• walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Lets get some activity in here! Anybody running any of the 20ft models?

JiNormal
    Princeton, MN

2011 209TFX, very happy with it.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I owned this boat a few years ago.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Fife, my Yar will be sittin in the same place as your second pic in little over 4 hours!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Hmmmm…that outhouse looks familiar. Go get ’em, while we’re all stuck with the mundane.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

If the fishin partner would show we would be on the road!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Fife, what made you switch to a Miskeeter?

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Peer pressure (joke)

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Given your location bear, you must own a yarcraft….

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Maybe someday, I will decide that I can financially afford a nice glass boat. Right now I spend my time in a 14′ aluminum starcraft.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

How was the bite, Ben?

We did well last night, got started late but ended with 23 fish. Drama of the night was a buddys snag that some how fought back, surfaced and straighten out his hook
    Being there was 25 boats on the clams(thanks BK )we fish all new areas. In one location we were running along and it felt like weeds were getting wraped in my trolling motor, almost to the point it locked up! Upon turning the head lamps on we found our selves in the middle of the biggest bait ball I have ever seen, for 100 yards in front and 50 yards to the side was solid shad at the surface. I must have kill a 1000 before relizing what they were. I was an amazing spectical watcing them move! Today, 11 hours… sucked! 5 fish before babysitter called with issues

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The reason I sold the boat had very little to do with the boat, but more the motor. I hated that smokey thing. After the cylinder cracked, I was fed up and I bought a new boat. Needless to say, I had the motor fixed and it ran better than any day that I owned it. I made money on the boat and it ran great when I sold it, so it was a win all around. I bought the Skeeter because the motors are bullet proof, it is a bigger boat, I really like the layout, the price was right, and it had alot more sparkles.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Got ya. What are you running for a motor now? 115 Yamaha? I have that on my Yar and it’s by no means a rocket, but if i need it for backtrolling, no complaints. Sure wish i had power steering, sure do miss that!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Yep, I have a 115 Yamaha. If I would have had that on my Yar-Craft, I probably wouldn’t have sold it right away. I haven’t had power steering for 2 seasons and I can see where it would be nice, but definitely not needed. They are redesigning the cockpit of the 2095 BTX. It looks pretty cool.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

If you go from power steering to not having it, you definitely miss it. I saw they were redesigning it – should make for a little more room back there.

scott ludwig
    South Metro, MN

Mine will be home this Saturday! Can’t wait to give her a drink on P4. I’ll get some pics up soon! BTW 2095BTX with a 150 V-Rod!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Nice… how do those boats perform with the 150’s?

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I can get about 47 with a full load and 2 guys. When it was new and the prop wasn’t nicked up I could push 50 with a lighter load.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Quote:

Nice… how do those boats perform with the 150’s?

Top speed on my 1785, with 150 2-stroke V-max and stainless 4 blade prop is 52 when I’m solo on smooth water. Otherwise, 48 plus or minus under normal loads/conditions.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

ML Guy – do you have the control pad on your electronic compartment, with switches for livewell, tilt/trim, etc…if so have you had any issues with it? I’m about to put in my third one!

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I haven’t had any issues with my control panel. My issue is it’s in a really bad spot and is easy to hit with your foot and turn something on or off that shouldn’t be.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

I hear ya on that…same with the switches on the bow!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Woke mine up from her winter’s nap to get it ready for the Rainy in a couple weeks.

neckdeep

Got a new Yar-Craft last year, been a pretty good rig, been to SD once this year, heading out to go fishing locally right now

neckdeep

300 Verado Pro, 9.9 ProKicker, terrova 101 with I pilot on the bow

Runs about 62 wot @ 6350 rpm with a lighter load( my son and i)
    runs 60.5 with 3 big guys, gear, full of fuel and full livewell

I am running a DAH worked Rev 4 19 P, i have a DAH tempest plus 21P that i havent tried yet, should be a little faster than the four blade.

I really like this boat, looking forward to more time on the water this year.

neckdeep

boat has Lowrance electronics on it, here is a cool pic from the Dredge Hole at Chamberlain, SD

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Great pic of the Lowrance …..that’s the kind of stuff that gets me thinking about upgrading.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Quote:

Great pic of the Lowrance …..that’s the kind of stuff that gets me thinking about upgrading.

My last boat was an o5′ that I rigged up the year of purchase with top of the line electronics. It blows my mind how much better electronics got in that time period. I will NEVER own a boat without side and down imaging again. I use it multiple times per trip, it really does help me maximize time on the water!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.