Yamaha T8 help

• abster71
    crawford county WI

Just purchased a used T8 and when I hooked it up to the muffs to run engine I noticed air was coming out where the lower unit bolts to the main body with four bolts on the back side just above the prop. And water coming out where the shifting linkage rod goes into lower unit. The mechanic said there was no seal there. I have a 30 day warranty with motor and looking for some help is this normal? Gonna check lower unit for water tomorrow. Also trying to find parts diagram to see if there are seals in these two areas.

CaptainMusky

Not familiar with that motor specifically but one thing to keep in mind is when you hook up the muffs you are adding pressure to the system where there normally isn’t. Its going to find a way out. Best way to know if you have a problem is to put in the water, run it and then check for water where it shouldn’t be.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Doesn’t sound right… personally, I’d call the guys at SBC. Even though you didn’t buy it front them, I’m guessing they will get ya a good answer, one you can trust to help decide next move. They have helped me with a few small things, and I ordered parts as I needed them after that.

abster71
    crawford county WI

Just watched youtube video on water pump replacement no seals so should be good to go. still gonna make a call thanks fellas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.