Yamaha F200 2016

• StonyEye

So I know this is the Skeeter section, but all Skeeter have Yamahas, so I hope it is alright. I am getting ready to swap out my water pump impeller. I have a Yamaha Manual that is telling me to use gasket maker on the mating surfaces of the lower unit to the outboard. I called direct to Yamaha and was told to use Yamabond 6, and guy on phone really seemed unsure and took a while to come to this conclusion. I looked up #6 on line, all I find is 6B and it is high temp. So due to guy’s uncertainty and I know I do not need high temp sealant, I am still uncertain what to use.

What sealant has everyone else been using for this?

Thanks

gregory
    Red wing,mn

i dont recall ever using a sealant there, there isnt any from factory that i remember.so if your talking about actual lower unit and where it bolts to i dont beleive theres any sealant

StonyEye

I am asking because it shows it in “Genuine Yamaha Service Manual” otherwise I would have never thought it was needed.

Pics enclosed.

Attachments:
    1. Chart.jpg

2. Diagram.jpg

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Boy I’ve never seen any gasket, or gasket sealer on that surface. I run a f250 and have to do water pump about once a year due to zebra mussels and I have never sealed that surface. Definitely wanna lube water pump o ring, drive shaft. But if it was me I wouldn’t worry about the mating surface between those two.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.