Yamaha 9.9 loud

• Gino
    Grand rapids mn

2002 Yamaha t9.9 high trust is terrible loud . I ordered some high temp sound proofing and installed it on the inside of the cowling but is still terrible compared to my 2018 f90 . Are the new ones quieter or are they all loud . I’m thinking about selling it and ordering a new one for next year. Also wondering if the new ones are any lighter then a early 2000 model.

Attachments:
    1. 57D7FE5A-9F6C-4F1C-9E99-668125B01E2C-scaled.jpeg

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

My zuke 9.9 is 10x times my old df140 at trolling speed. Not sure why the difference, but drove me nuts.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

My old honda is louder than my 140 zuki. Our new 15hp suzuki is super quiet..and efi….and a “nice” price to go with it.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

Most 4 strokes are super quiet. Game warden proved that to me few years back.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I was thinking maybe it’s missing something at the intake. I know if you take the air cleaner of of your old v8 Chevy it would be a lot louder. It looks like maybe a finer mesh was here once and now gone ? Not sure.

Attachments:
    1. 526F263D-01EB-4748-8EFE-DA1246A9CBBA-scaled.jpeg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I was thinking maybe it’s missing something at the intake. I know if you take the air cleaner of of your old v8 Chevy it would be a lot louder. It looks like maybe a finer mesh was here once and now gone ? Not sure.

rumor has it your raking in alit of cash working OT devil buy a new one. devil

B-man

I’ve had a pair of Mercury 9.9 Pro-kickers and a Yamaha 9.9, and fished in other boats with various kickers.

None of them have been very quiet other than at idle, and all have been much louder trolling (at 1/4-3/4 throttle) than a big fourstroke main is trolling (at idle)

Have you fished in other boats with kickers to compare?

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gino wrote:</div>

rumor has it your raking in alit of cash working OT devil buy a new one. devil

Yeah, this is what I get for being cheap. Rays had a brand new 2019 in house and would have matched my motor perfect. This one has a few issues but it’s coming along.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I’ve had a pair of Mercury 9.9 Pro-kickers and a Yamaha 9.9, and fished in other boats with various kickers.

None of them have been very quiet other than at idle, and all have been much louder trolling (at 1/4-3/4 throttle) than a big fourstroke main is trolling (at idle)

Have you fished in other boats with kickers to compare?

I have not , but the wife could not stand this thing running and now I can’t either! Lol
    I actually took it off today because I won’t need it for walleye, but I like the idea of having a extra motor out on superior when trolling for hours on end.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.