Y in Garrison

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just drove by and saw that the lot was surveyed . Are they rebuilding or are they putting roundabout in?

Ripjiggen

That is what I heard as well.

jwellsy

Are round abouts the new speed bump? I’ve been seeing some crazy round abouts way out in the middle of the country where 2 state roads cross. That has to be to force people to slow down.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That has to be to force people to slow down.

My understanding is that it basically eliminates high speed t-bone crashes and replaces them with minor fender benders.

In this specific case, people are not really driving that fast there anyways.

Ripjiggen

Guessing it has more to do with the turn off to head up towards brained than anything.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

When I took that over 55 class for lower insurance, you’d be surprised by the number of different road construction projects that are changing how traffic moves in different types of exits and entrances

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Y IN GARRISON

And I was just going to say that there is No “Y” in Garrison. jester

Dan
    Southeast MN

I know people have pulled boats through roundabouts for years, but in an area like that it wouldn’t hurt to make it a little extra big for all the boat/ trailer traffic.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I know people have pulled boats through roundabouts for years, but in an area like that it wouldn’t hurt to make it a little extra big for all the boat/ trailer traffic.

They are designed to handle tractor trailers so boats aren’t an issue.

Brian Bezanson

Better ways to the west side of Brainerd & Baxter than MN 18 to 25 to the traffic jam 210 is.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Breaks my heart. I can remember stopping there in the 60’s as a youngster on my way up to North Long.
    It was a treat to have a California burger and play pinball.

Ripjiggen

Breaks my heart. I can remember stopping there in the 60’s as a youngster on my way up to North Long.
    It was a treat to have a California burger and play pinball.

For sure. Between that and the live bands at the blue goose. It was busy area.
    I am sure you have stopped there but maybe not because you turn off before that but check out The Joint just north on 169. Good eats and good tabs.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.