WX2200 Washdown Pump Replacement & Installation

• Bob Jones

My Washdown pump is not shutting off which resulted in blowing out a rubber seal on one of the hoses. I assume its a faulty pressure shut-off switch. However, when I started to disassemble I realized the ‘PumpGard inlet Screen’ was attached to the output (not inlet) of the pump. I confirmed on the Jabsco website that it should be on the inlet. I also thought it was odd that the pump was attached to the floor on an angle with only one side screwed down…I would have thought Skeeter would assemble it square to the compartment it is in and use 4 screws to hold it in place. The attached picture is the exact placement of the pump in my boat with the inlet & outlet lines detached. Inlet is on the bottom and the outlet (with the filter) is on the top. Notice the pump is on diagonal in the rear compartment.

Curious if someone can send a picture of how their washdown pump is assembled and located on their WX2200 (or similar). I will trouble shoot the pump (or possibly buy the new ‘hotshot’ washdown pump). I want to confirm proper assembly in the boat before re-installing.

Thanks again for the help.
    Bob
    248-910-1661

Attachments:
    1. WashDown-Pump-1-scaled.jpg

2. WashDown-Pump-scaled.jpg

Grawler

Reviving this post as i’m looking to install an aftermarket washdown pump in my 2021 WX2200.

Do you mind sharing how they plumbed the inlet/outlet from the factory?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.