WX2060 trolling motor shaft length

• Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

looking to get rid of the xi5 72″. not because of issues as it has been great.

I am looking at switching to an Ultrex or a Ghost of 60″ so i can run active target on the trolling motor.

my 72″ comes out of the water on rough days. For the guys running a 60″ shaft how has it been on this boat?

Adam Steffes

Wouldn’t a 60” be going the wrong way if your 72 is already coming out of the water in rough conditions?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

90 % of the time just fine, but those big water days too short.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Wouldn’t a 60” be going the wrong way if your 72 is already coming out of the water in rough conditions?

It is technically going the wrong way…. The reason I am looking is to go with a GHOST or Ultrex to run Active Target on the trolling motor for ease of use.

Like Dean says 90% of the time a 60″ (Which is what the boat originally had) is fine. I never ran it with the 60″ so I am just getting some input from others.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Chris,
    Side note that your old style hull sits higher than the new hulls…. so I have my doubts on it being long enough on those big water days…. But I also believe we will see longer shaft offerings in the future….

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

Chris,
    Side note that your old style hull sits higher than the new hulls…. so I have my doubts on it being long enough on those big water days…. But I also believe we will see longer shaft offerings in the future….

thanks Dean…

just need that new V208 lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.