WX2060: Seat mounts on rear casting deck possible?

• SpokaneJim
    Spokane, WA

Would it be possible to have pedestal seat mounts similar to those on the bow of the WX2060 or the rear casting deck of the MX2025 mounted to the rear casting deck of the WX2060 as an after market or dealer prep item? Granted, there is not as much room behind the livewell lid & jump seats on the WX as on the MX, but it does look like there is room. I just don’t know what’s under that area of the deck or if the decking in that area is strong enough to support it. As this will also be a family boat, jump seats are critical, thus my current preference for the WX over the MX. I’m just thinking about the times I’ll be jigging all day with a buddy and how much nicer it would be to have that higher seating position.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I just went out to the shop and looked at a WX2060. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to add a pedestal base in the rear on either side of the motor. The livewell lid goes all the way back to the splashwell so no room in the center.

With that said if you go to either side of the motor you will be close to the outside of the boat and also the rear. I cant say for 100% sure but im going to guess you might run into an issue trimming the motor with a ped and seat in that position also.

SpokaneJim
    Spokane, WA

Thanks Eric… I agree, there might be clearance issues. As I go through my boat choice decisions, your answer will be thrown in along with all other features we are looking or. Nice to know it is at least an option. Pro / con’s / placement can be work out later.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.