WX2000T question

• Eric Ahlstrom

Hello,

I am looking at going from my Ranger 680T to a 20 ft glass boat. I love how open tillers are. I fish mostly bass with some muskie and walleye mixed in. The WX2000T looks really appealing. I have always been a ranger guy but really want to check out the Skeeter. Does anyone have any experience with these boat compared to a Ranger 620T and if someone had one and was willing to let me come check it out that would be even better.

Thank you

Eric

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I had one (wish I still did) are a very well built boat, you will like the ride and openness of the layout. The 115 pushes it just fine although bigger would be better. grin

Attachments:
    1. IMG_5577.jpg

2. 1-22-16-359-scaled.jpg

?????

Super nice boat. I had a 2009 and had a 150 on it last year they were rated for a 150. Ran about 41-42 full load. Big boat. I made a front deck extension out of 2 x 4’s and plywood and carpeted it. 2 can easily cast all day form there and still have the 2nd seat in place. You will not be disappointed. ne day at a landing a guy made me an offer I could not refuse as fished tournaments and wanted the 150. I replaced it with a 2008 Warrior 1890. Good Luck!

shockers
    Rochester

Eric, you may want to track down Dean Marshall for advice. He’s on here/IDO.

Eric Ahlstrom

Super nice boat. I had a 2009 and had a 150 on it last year they were rated for a 150. Ran about 41-42 full load. Big boat. I made a front deck extension out of 2 x 4’s and plywood and carpeted it. 2 can easily cast all day form there and still have the 2nd seat in place. You will not be disappointed. ne day at a landing a guy made me an offer I could not refuse as fished tournaments and wanted the 150. I replaced it with a 2008 Warrior 1890. Good Luck!

I definitely will be making/getting a deck extension whether I get a skeeter or a ranger. Almost all my time is spent casting no matter what species I am after (every now and then I will troll for muskies or walleye but 95% of my fishing is casting). The front deck is one of the reasons I am not as into the Warriors.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

That model was our flagship Tiller for many years holding its own to primarily Ranger at the time. The rear sponsions hull was very helpful for headshot, low speed planning performance with the 115. Certainly a viable candidate for the avid musky guy. Since neither Ranger or Skeeter are producing tillers anymore, you are at the mercy of the used market and of course the wear n tear condition factors.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

the side tanks on the Skeeter tiller are wider than those on the Ranger tiller, which makes for a better muskie/bass casting rig for the guy in the back.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Dutchboy was yours a 2014 with a 10′ onix and 11** in the back? I think I own your old boat or it’s twin. I bought it two Novembers ago from the boat center. I can’t compare it to a ranger but I love my boat. I fish more than most and I have always been happy with it! Let me know if you have any specific questions about the wx2000t

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I had a 2009 2000T for 3 seasons and I really liked the boat. I like the storage more than the 620T. After the Skeeter I owned a 2095 Yarcraft and a 2090 Warrior. I fished out of a friend’s 2012 620T several times as well.

I’m speaking from a mostly Walleye fishing viewpoint, but I would rank them Warrior, Skeeter, Yarcraft, and Ranger.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Dutchboy was yours a 2014 with a 10′ onix and 11** in the back? I think I own your old boat or it’s twin. I bought it two Novembers ago from the boat center. I can’t compare it to a ranger but I love my boat. I fish more than most and I have always been happy with it! Let me know if you have any specific questions about the wx2000t

Yes it probably is my old boat. I saw the guy I sold it to had traded it into Dean.

Very nice boats to fish out of.

Eric Ahlstrom

I had a 2009 2000T for 3 seasons and I really liked the boat. I like the storage more than the 620T. After the Skeeter I owned a 2095 Yarcraft and a 2090 Warrior. I fished out of a friend’s 2012 620T several times as well.

I’m speaking from a mostly <em class=”ido-tag-em”>Walleye fishing viewpoint, but I would rank them Warrior, Skeeter, Yarcraft, and Ranger.

What about the storage did you think made it better than a 620T? I have a lot of stuff haha.

Warrior makes a really nice boat. My buddy just got a 2090 but for me I really like how the 620T and the WX2000T have a platform to walk all the way around and I could build/have built a casting deck. They seem like a better option for me with how much casting I do.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

It’s been 2 years since I’ve been in a 620T but I remember very little storage in the front compared to a 2000T. I prefer center rod lockers-put a rod sleeve on and stack them in. I didn’t like the limited side rod locker storage in the Ranger. That baitwell on the Skeeter is handy. Doubles as a ladies bathroom if needed. I also didn’t care for the ride of the 620T compared to the others. It was rougher in big water and would spear waves easier than others.

I say all this in an effort to give you my thoughts to help you choose. All are great boats and 20’ glass tillers are sweet boats! I see on FB a ‘09 2000T popped up for sale in MN for $32k.

Terry Moehr

No experience between the two but love my 2000T, what props are most running on the 2000T with 115?

Eric Ahlstrom

No experience between the two but love my 2000T, what props are most running on the 2000T with 115?

I was going to ask the same question. Do people use the prop that comes on the 115 or does anyone go to 4 blade prop?

?????

I ran a 4 blade SS prop I think I went down 1 pitch size and it ran about 37 -38. I also had a hydrofoil on it.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m running about 36-37 with the standard prop. Love the Skeeter, But wish there was some kind of rod storage. The guy that had it before me had it set up really good! I did have to put a Ultrex on the front and am currently trying to sell the vantage that was on the back….. Great boat tho…Handles full speed turns like it’s on rails!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.