WTB Packers Tickets

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Looking for 2 tickets to the Packers/Bears game on Thanksgiving Day. My wife has asked this as an anniversary present! Please let me know what you have and what you asking price is.

Thanks,

FDR

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Looking for 2 tickets to the Packers/Bears game on Thanksgiving Day. My wife has asked this as an anniversary present! Please let me know what you have and what you asking price is.

Thanks,

FDR

My kid and her FH have 8 for this game but I’m sure she has plans(including me grin ) but I’ll ask her about others, she lives in GB…
    I know 1 thing they will be a hot item…I would check out the ticket selling sites too…..

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

There are currently 3000+ listings on the NFL Ticket Exchange for that game.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Green-Bay-Packers-Tickets-at-Lambeau-Field-in-Green-Bay-11-26-2015?PID=1721587

I just finished serving a 2-year term on the Chicago Bears Season Ticket Holder Advisory Group, the #1 problem they have on gamedays is people showing up with tickets bought on Craigslist. Pretty much every one of them is worthless.

HRG

bigpike

Your best easiest bet is simply go to the game and hit the area by the Hudson Center were you can legally scalp. The closer to game time the cheaper the tickets will get. Play one guy off another. It works. I paid $50 over face for tickets at 10 A.M. (2 hours begore game time) for the Cowboy playoff game and there were tons of tickets to buy. I could have waited closer to game time and get cheaper tickets but I was very happy with the location I got. Its a very easy process. Just bring cash.

bigpike

This year its the Sea Chickens game. I have no fear going to this game without tickets and buying them when I get there. Its like taking candy from a baby.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Your best easiest bet is simply go to the game and hit the area by the Hudson Center were you can legally scalp. The closer to game time the cheaper the tickets will get. Play one guy off another. It works. I paid $50 over face for tickets at 10 A.M. (2 hours begore game time) for the Cowboy playoff game and there were tons of tickets to buy. I could have waited closer to game time and get cheaper tickets but I was very happy with the location I got. Its a very easy process. Just bring cash.

Wow, I would have never thought there would be tickets available in that area for a playoff game! My in-laws have done it that way just twice, but I wouldn’t call those games high demand games. If I am remembering correctly, they went when Rodgers was hurt.

I am a little worried about traveling all that way without tickets in hand, but I will keep thinking about this. Logic says, it is deer season, so less people interested in that game, but it is the Bears! Chicago fans seem to travel well.

FDR

bigpike

Well I also was sceptical about chancing it on a high demand game. There were tons on Cowboy fans at this game also. I had the pressure of the promise to my nephew that he would see the game so I was armed with plenty of cash and was amazed at the amount of tickets available. Keep it mind. I wouldnt purchase tickets any other way….

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Let the buyer beware. Here’s a common scenario;

Thanks to the availability of NFL Ticket Exchange, teams now allow a STH to sell & transfer tickets electronically, so tickets no longer have to be snail-mailed to buyers. So, as a STH, I have my “hard” tickets from my team, but I can then sell them, email them to the purchaser, but once they are emailed by the team, the “hard” tickets become invalid.

Nothing stops me from going to the stadium, selling the now-invalid tickets, and walking away with your cash. You go to the gate, they scan the tickets, only to tell you they are invalid, and you don’t get in. And the game is going to start in the next hour, and is sold out.

You just can’t put 100% trust in paper tickets anymore.

As the Sarge used to say on Hill Street Blues, “let’s be careful out there”.

HRG

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Let the buyer beware. Here’s a common scenario;

Thanks to the availability of NFL Ticket Exchange, teams now allow a STH to sell & transfer tickets electronically, so tickets no longer have to be snail-mailed to buyers. So, as a STH, I have my “hard” tickets from my team, but I can then sell them, email them to the purchaser, but once they are emailed by the team, the “hard” tickets become invalid.

Nothing stops me from going to the stadium, selling the now-invalid tickets, and walking away with your cash. You go to the gate, they scan the tickets, only to tell you they are invalid, and you don’t get in. And the game is going to start in the next hour, and is sold out.

You just can’t put 100% trust in paper tickets anymore.

As the Sarge used to say on Hill Street Blues, “let’s be careful out there”.

HRG

If you were to do that with your own real hard tickets and the buyer was smart, he would report it and you would loose your season tickets.

In Wisconsin it is illegal to scalp tickets above face value unless you are the original owner and have a permit. You have to sell them in the special area setup for people to resell tickets.

SECTION 2. Section 6.12, Green Bay Municipal Code, regarding Direct Seller’s Permit
    for the Scalping of any Ticket for National Football League Games or Lambeau Field Events, is recreated as follows:

6.12 DIRECT SELLER’S PERMIT FOR THE SCALPING OF ANY
    TICKET FOR NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE GAMES OR
    LAMBEAU FIELD EVENTS.
    (1) PERMIT REQUIRED. A permit shall be required of any person
    conducting the business of or engaged in the scalping of any ticket the day of any National Football League game or any other special event at Lambeau Field,
    except for the Original Ticket Holder of the event. The burden of proof shall be
    on the Original Ticket Holder to prove this fact. “Scalping” is defined as the sale of any ticket for more than face value. “Original Ticket Holder” is defined as the first purchaser of a ticket from the event sponsor.

(2) REGISTRATION. The registration, investigation, appeal and
    revocation procedures found in Ch. 6 of the Green Bay Municipal Code shall
    apply to any person required to obtain a permit for conducting the business of or engaged in the scalping of any ticket for any National Football League game or any other special event at Lambeau Field. Permits are valid one year from the
    date of issuance and shall be $800.00 per year. The applicant shall agree to
    indemnify and hold the City harmless and shall be required to secure Commercial
    General Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 or such other amount
    as amended by resolution of the Common Council from time to time. Each
    applicant shall be issued photo identification by the City of Green Bay, which
    shall be displayed in plain view while engaged in the scalping of any ticket for
    any National Football League game or any other special event at Lambeau Field
    within the sale area designated by the City of Green Bay.

(3) SALE AREA. Any person, including the Original Ticket Holder,
    conducting the business of or engaged in the scalping of any ticket the day of any National Football League game at Lambeau Field shall be required to conduct
    such business in a designated area. The designated area is defined as the public
    right of way of Armed Forces Drive from the intersection of Armed Forces Drive
    and Oneida Street to a point 270 feet east of said intersection and the eastern one half of the public right of way of Oneida Street inclusive of the northbound lanes of Oneida Street from the intersection of Lombardi Avenue and Oneida Street to a line extending from the southern boundary of the Armed Forces Drive right of way, specifically displayed in the following map. Any person, including the Original Ticket Holder, conducting the business of or engaged in the scalping of any ticket the day of any National Football League game at Lambeau Field outside the designated area shall be subject to any of the penalties set forth in subsection 4. For any special event at Lambeau Field including, but not limited to, a National Football League game, no person may scalp any ticket in the Lambeau Field parking lot or adjoining sidewalks or from any vehicle or bicycle at any time on the day of the special event at Lambeau Field. Sale of tickets for face value or less is exempt from this ordinance.

(4) PENALTY. Any person that violates any provision of this section
    shall forfeit not less than $500.00 nor more than $1,000.00 for each violation per day, plus the costs of prosecution. Each violation shall constitute a separate offense. Persons in violation of this ordinance are further subject to confiscation of tickets.

bigpike

If you are that worried about getting ripped off simply ask the guy for his picture with a cell phone and a look at his I.D.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.