WTB Muskie net

• Jensen

I have been to over 3 big box stores and they are all sold out. Anyone have a big muskie net laying around they want to sell?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did you try Thorne Brothers?

Jensen

Only place I didn’t try. Thanks Dutch.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have a smaller muskie size net I bought when I first started going after them that I don’t use anymore. (I bought a bigger stowmaster) I want to say it is 32”-40”. I can dig it out and check the size if you want.

Jensen

Thanks rodwork. The minimum size I would want is 36x41x40. Since I can’t seem to top the 50 inch mark for these fish.

Wade Ottman

Marine general in Duluth has them on clearance right now I believe.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Thanks rodwork. The minimum size I would want is 36x41x40. Since I can’t seem to top the 50 inch mark for these fish.

I would like to share a story. My Grandpa gave me his Beckman muskie net in 2012 before he died of cancer. For the last several years of his life, he couldn’t muskie fish anymore because he didn’t have the physical strength or stamina to toss those huge lures on big rod n reels anymore (he still did a lot of walleye and panfishing because he could). I hadn’t caught a muskie for a very long time when he gave it to me but I knew how much they were worth so I accepted it thinking “it’ll never actually get used.” For 3+ seasons it continued to stay that way. I’d bring it with every time I went muskie fishing, never caught one, and cursed about how much space it took up in the boat. Fast forward to 2017 and I caught 8 of them in about a 2 month span. Then 5 more in 2018, and 3 more in 2019. 6 days ago, I caught a new PB tiger muskie and I was by myself. For as many times as I hated that net taking up so much space in my boat, I am SO glad I accepted it in 2012 and kept it because it has been a huge life saver when you actually hook into one, regardless of whether its 30 inches or 50. Keeping that fish in the water while you remove the hooks ensures that the fish is released properly to swim away alive. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have been able to land that big tiger last week by myself if I didn’t have that muskie net from my Grandpa with. Every time I use it now I think of him too.

Jensen

Thanks Wade, anyone use those frabils before?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would look into a folding net like Stowmaster. Like gimruis said, muskie nets take up a lot of room in the boat. Being able to fold the net in half makes a huge difference.

Jensen

Yeah the marine general net is sold out now. So I will look into stowmaster. I would rather buy in person instead of unreal shipping prices.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Awesome story gimruis! Amazing after a loss that things just work out as intended!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Awesome story gimruis! Amazing after a loss that things just work out as intended!

Thanks Craig

Jackfish
    Wayzata, MN

Have a nice beckman available-

wormdunker

I got one I would sell. In Shoreview.Frabil power catch, telescoping, gold hoop, deep bag. $200 new. $125 to you. Never used. I just land them by hand.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Consider a Drifter Predator XL. Don’t get the XXL, it’s absurdly huge.

Thorne Brothers tries to stock them, or you can order straight from Drifter. Thorne was sold out when I bought mine. I would have preferred to give them the money. I got it from Drifter instead. Took about a week to get it in the mail.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Saw a bunch of Beckmans and at least 1 Frabill at Hayward Bait and Tackle last weekend in Hayward if you are up in that neck of the woods. I think the Frabill was well over 200.00.

curleytail

My Dad has a Frabill Powercatch (one size smaller than the Big Kahuna. I’ve had skis up to 52.5 in mine with no problem) he is likely looking to sell. Almost new condition. Owned for a few years but only netted a fish or two. Bag is still stiff even.

He lives in Bloomer, WI.

Tucker

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.