WTB: Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 ipilot upgrade 1866310

• luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Looking for a Powerdrive V2 upgrade kit, Minn Kota part number 1866310. Or, if anyone has one and has experience, I’m looking for a good review as well!

Nordic88

I put the I-pilot head on my V2 and absolutely love it. Best money I’ve spent in a long time. Very easy to install also.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

I put the I-pilot head on my V2 and absolutely love it. Best money I’ve spent in a long time. Very easy to install also.

Thanks for the info!
    How does the spot lock work on it? Does it keep you in a tight circle or does it wander a bit? Have you used it in wind and in current?

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Watch ebay

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Watch ebay

Hi Don,
    I’ve been watching eBay and have even bid on a few, but apparently these always get in a bidding war in the last 2 minutes and I’d rather spend my time doing other things. Just putting out the feelers on here if anyone has one lying around that they wanted to part with.

Nordic88

Spot lock works great in current. Light winds don’t affect it too much. High winds will make it wander quite a bit sometimes. I primarily fish rivers so i don’t have a lot to say about spot lock on lakes. I do have a few routes saved on it for some of my favorite lakes and i really like that feature. Just hit go and fish hands free. It truly is the best money I’ve spent on my boat. Install took me 10 minutes and it was up and running.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Spot lock works great in current. Light winds don’t affect it too much. High winds will make it wander quite a bit sometimes. I primarily fish rivers so i don’t have a lot to say about spot lock on lakes. I do have a few routes saved on it for some of my favorite lakes and i really like that feature. Just hit go and fish hands free. It truly is the best money I’ve spent on my boat. Install took me 10 minutes and it was up and running.

Awesome! That’s great info! I like the thought of being able to have ipilot for $300-$400 instead of dropping $2500 on a new trolling motor system.

Nordic88

That’s exactly why I bought it. Why spend that much for new when you already have a working motor that just needs an upgrade. I have friends with Terrova, all of them say my V2 with I-pilot is no different than theirs. They offer the head unit with link also. At the time I didn’t have a nice sonar so I didn’t pay extra for link. Keep your foot pedal in the boat just in case the battery dies in your remote. I learned that lesson. I had mine for almost 1.5yrs before the battery died.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.