soldWTB – Meat slicer (no plastic)

• Deleted

I’m looking for a decent 10” meat & cheese slicer that is in good working order. Must be able to plug into a 110 outlet. Could be older Hobart 410 or Henkel or ? Has to be all metal. I don’t want any plastic at all in/on it. For personal use so I’m not looking to spend a lot. $250-400

haleysgold
    SE MN

I got a new one for Christmas so have an older one I’d sell. It’s older but all metal.
    Could use a sharpening but I just sliced 25 lbs of venny bacon and worked good.
    I’ll post a pic of it in a bit and brand.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Here it is

Attachments:
    1. 20200105_135140.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

See if you can find a old Hobart 410. Be sure you get the sharpener with it. Depending on age you should find a decent one for $250 to $400. Those are pretty compact and have the 10″ blade. You can also look for the 1612 which is a 12″ blade but will likely cost a bit more.

Be careful of the imports unless you know the usage history. People try and slice cheese with the lower power imports and that really doesn’t work well.

haleysgold
    SE MN

You stay outta this Dutchy.
    You’re blowing my sale!
    But really, I doubt he wants to spend that much…even said that.
    But, no skin off my you know what.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He can buy yours. Doesn’t matter a bit to me. He asked about Hobart I gave him a couple of Hobart models to look for. I also gave him a fair price range that people should be asking.

Deleted

That’s really shiny, I’m really looking for some more weight & a lot less shine.

Hobart is my wishlist find and that price range is where I hope to be too Dutchboy. If you hear of one……

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thomas you using it for meat mostly or a mix with cheese and stuff?

haleysgold
    SE MN

That’s really shiny, I’m really looking for some more weight & a lot less shine.

A lot less shine???
    Now that’s funny.
    Stainless steel shines and easy cleanup. About 20 lbs too.
    I wouldn’t sell it now anyhow after that.
    I’ll give it away to a buddy and we’ll both be happy.
    You guys kill me….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thomas, call some meat markets, I bought a really old Hobart about 6 years ago for $200. They replaced their primary slicer and kept that as a backup, I bought the old backup.

reddog

If you’re not in a hurry, K-Bid has them pretty regular on auction but there’s none on now. I’ve been looking for a Hobart Steakmaster. They’re hard to find..

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you’re not in a hurry, K-Bid has them pretty regular on auction but there’s none on now. I’ve been looking for a Hobart Steakmaster. They’re hard to find..

Steakmaster is the old tenderizer. Look for a Hobart 403, it’s the currant model. If you buy on a auction be sure to go preview the equipment. Tenderizers often are missing parts.

I should add, some companies call them cubers.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Here it is

OK, I’ll bite. What make & model, approximate age, and how much? You seem to be getting worked-up, but you’ve provided NO information yet.

HRG

haleysgold
    SE MN

Can’t read eh?
    Already gone.

reddog

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>reddog wrote:</div>

Steakmaster is the old tenderizer. Look for a Hobart 403, it’s the currant model. If you buy on a auction be sure to go preview the equipment. Tenderizers often are missing parts.

t

Yea, I’m not that interested in a $1000 machine for my use. The one I have came out of an old meat locker that had been retired when the govt.deemed it too dangerous is the word I got. Looking for another one because my buddy laid claim to mine. :).

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>reddog wrote:</div>

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Did yours have the safety cover over the knives or is that why it was deemed dangerous?

Deleted

Mainly summer sausage, lunch meat & surely some cheese.

I love hurting feelings w/ plain text. Some folks get wound way too easy. I didn’t see the model info in the pic post, if it was there earlier.

I do have a really shiny LEM stuffer & grinder and love them.

I’ll check out K-Bid.

riverruns
    Inactive

This is what you want. Hobart 410 slicer. I got this for around $150. If you see one jump quick. Its heavy, and fairly compact and super easy to clean.

Attachments:
    1. 15782746967265209746815645314635.jpg

Deleted

This is what you want. Hobart 410 slicer. I got this for around $150. If you see one jump quick. Its heavy, and fairly compact and super easy to clean.

Ok thanks riverruns! That looks like what I had in mind. Yours looks like it’s in great shape. So far I’ve found some on eBay but they look trashed and are too far away to get an in person look at them.

reddog

Did yours have the safety cover over the knives or is that why it was deemed dangerous?

Ours had the flip over cover. Thats just what the locker told me when I bought it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>riverruns wrote:</div>

Ok thanks riverruns! That looks like what I had in mind. Yours looks like it’s in great shape. So far I’ve found some on eBay but they look trashed and are too far away to get an in person look at them.

Oh so close………had 410 come in this afternoon. Had a sharpener, plugged it in and it ran!! But couldn’t find the carriage bawling I’ll dig around tomorrow and see if I can find a carriage.

Deleted

I got one but I bought it without actually looking at it so when I got it, holy smokes it’s HUGE!

This thing is 100# I’d bet.

Thinking I’ll sell this one and try again for a Hobart 410 model. It’s got the serial number plate & the sharpener do dad. Looks to be a good unit but way bigger than I can use it handle.

Attachments:
    1. 10EC336F-6329-4CE9-BE98-EA3C2A50A6D1.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It looks like a model 1612. If you end up keeping it get your self a 18″ x 26″ sheet pan and set it on that. They are much easier to handle that way.

Deleted

What would be a good degreaser? I am planning on hot dish soap & water, then a degreaser of some kind and finish with mineral oil.

No idea what the gear lube or grease status is in this old tank. Should I mess with that or leave it well alone after I clean it up.

I’ve gotta find a leveling foot for it too. One is missing.

Better pics here.

Attachments:
    1. 2E1A0317-9F2D-46B6-AD80-B1BCC0F02B8B.jpeg

2. 5E4AD952-7404-4171-817C-766C97B43C3F.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Stand it up on the motor end. You can now get at the bottom. Use a cleaner on the rod that holds the carriage. Once the grease / oil is off hit it with some emery cloth. I then use a light coat of Zep 45 which is a lubricant with a bit of teflon mixed in. Your carriage will slide back and forth easy now for as long as you own the machine.

For a leveling foot you can just run in a bolt and that will work. Otherwise PM me your address and i’ll send you a used one.

ALWAYS close the thickness adjustment when you are done. Very easy to cut yourself when cleaning, that blade is sharp. Also be sure to unplug and coil the cord if you have little kids (grandkids) around. The start switch is right on the front and kids being kids will always pull that switch.

Enjoy.

Deleted

Thanks Dutchboy. I tore it all down and cleaned it really well. The bolts for feet work great! I just used soapy dishwater, rinsed Everything, air dried and sprayed some food safe silicone lubricant on the slides.

The indexer was really tight but not broken. I got that working like new again.that wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be.

It’s ready to go now. I’ll try some meat & cheese when I get the time.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘WTB – Meat slicer (no plastic)’ is closed to new replies.