WTB Bow Mount Trolling Motor for Old Lund

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d like to add a bow mount TM to the old Lund at the cabin, and would like to do so affordably. Any recommendations? Likely a 12v or 24v max, and at least 55+ lbs of thrust, and either a remote or long cable pedal drive so it can be controlled from the back. If anyone has an older one laying around, or I thought I heard of a new TM company that was quite a bit cheaper? Let me know!

BrianF

Just posted a 60″ Minn Kota Fortrex 80lb if that is of interest. Was a spare I kept in the garage. Just had $250 of work done to it…new bushings and cable jacket.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Just posted a 60″ Minn Kota Fortrex 80lb if that is of interest. Was a spare I kept in the garage. Just had $250 of work done to it…new bushings and cable jacket.

Saw that after I posted this, but I’d like something I can control from the back of the 16′ boat. Usually have 2-4 kids with. Thanks though, price and everything else looks great!

ThunderLund78

Have had GREAT luck with our Watersnake Shadow. They make motors of all sizes but their niche is simple motors for smaller craft. Ours is a 12v on a 14ft Lund, Very quiet, very responsive, has a long cord on the foot pedal so I can place it anywhere in the boat and can stay in the back to steer it but have my kid or whoever’s fishing in front deploy and pull it up. Going on year #3 with it and no complaints. Australian-owned company, but I believe manufactured in China or somewhere in Asia. Check out their website.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Have had GREAT luck with our Watersnake Shadow.

Thanks! I remembered you posting about them previously, but couldn’t remember the name. Looks like Scheels has a 54 lbs/48″ for $420, which would be a decent enough option.

ThunderLund78

Yeah, they’re simple and affordable. Installation was easy, too. Not sure of your set-up but you’ll need to add some sort of platform to mount it on if you don’t have one. Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.