WTB 36”Tuned Up Custom Quick Tip

• Bj bullinger

Want to buy a TUC 36inch quick tip.
    I broke mine earlier this season and can’t seem to live without it. If anyone is willing to let go of one I would be interested. I would prefer a split grip but would make due with what is available. Message or call 70one400nine997

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Check with John at TUCR.
    They had one awhile back and maybe still do?

Bj bullinger

Check with John at TUCR.

Check with John at TUCR.

Talked to him last week and they are sold

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Bj, what do you like about the quick tip? I build my own ice rods and a couple of friends asked me if I could build an ice rod similar to the Quick tip. I’ve never held one so would like more info from users to maybe try to build one.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Bj, what do you like about the quick tip? I build my own ice rods and a couple of friends asked me if I could build an ice rod similar to the Quick tip. I’ve never held one so would like more info from users to maybe try to build one.

Very sensitive, XF tip, good backbone, JMHO

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Bass Khang Panfish carbon fits that bill

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>canoebasser wrote:</div>

Very sensitive, XF tip, good backbone, JMHO

Bj bullinger

The tip, maybe 4-5 inches is very soft leading into a very firm backbone.

Attachments:
    1. 1A1A949E-411D-4FD2-99DD-A726BD3E669D-scaled.jpeg

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

Thanks for the info and picture! I guess I’ll have to do some modifications on some of my walleye carbon blanks.

bigcrappie – I’ve built that BK panfish carbon and it doesn’t seem strong enough compared to the QT.

Hope you find your rod Bj!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

There are a bunch of blanks that will fit that bill with a little shaping.

Did TUCR discontinue the quick tip? I am not seeing it on their web site?

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Did TUCR discontinue the quick tip? I am not seeing it on their web site?<

Yes they did.

bates

Look at Lucky Custom Rods. Call Joey and talk to him, out of Worthington, MN. He has a Facebook page. $85 to your door.

MX1825

How does the QT compare to the Bullwhip?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Power noodle…..

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MX1825 wrote:</div>

The quick tip has a faster and more firm backbone

Dan Baker

The biggest difference is the Quick Tip was carbon fiber and the Bullwhip is Fiberglass. The bullwhip is a lot more durable and forgiving.

TOM

What did you primarily target with the Quick Tip?

Bj bullinger

Primarily perch but worked great for walleye. Had the sensitivity for small fish but would handle every species

bullcans
    Northfield MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TOM wrote:</div>

Primarily perch but worked great for walleye. Had the sensitivity for small fish but would handle every species
    [/quote
    X2

TOM

The TUCR Fusion is where it’s at. It’s awesome for jumbo perch, slab crappies and will handle walleyes no problem. When my QT broke it was replaced by the Fusion and absolutely enjoy the fusion more.

gonehunting

The TUCR Fusion is where it’s at. It’s awesome for jumbo perch, slab crappies and will handle walleyes no problem. When my QT broke it was replaced by the Fusion and absolutely enjoy the fusion more.

I will agree the fusion is nice as I have two. The quick tip is a more sensitive action. The fusion does work well with large crappie and eater walleyes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.