WTB 16′ tandem axle car or utility trailer

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Looking for a 16′(would consider 18′) tandem axle car or utility trailer. 3500lb axles. Likely going with steel as aluminum runs a little more than I’d like to spend. Please let me know if you know one in decent shape. Would like brakes. I’ve been scouring marketplace for at least a month and have missed out on a couple great buys.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I’ve been in the same market for about a month now.

I really want aluminum and a tilt bed. So far, I haven’t seen any tandem, aluminum “utility” type “tilt” trailers in anything longer than 10 or 12 footers. I’d have to jump into the car hauler trailers which puts me into that $12k area.

I assume you just want one with a fold up ramp? I had one and sold it. It blocked a lot of air. I found single axle, Triton alum 14′ tilt bed, TILT1481-1693, that are on sale for about $4400 if that fits you?

If you see an aluminum, tandem, 14′ or longer, Utility trailer with a tilt bed let me know.

Good luck!

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

My preference would be the car trailer style with ramps that stow underneath. I agree on the fold up ramp and wind resistance. Not to mention I like the idea of open sides for easy access. Most utility trailers have the built up side rails.

I’ll try keep my eye open for what you’re looking for. Are you on FB searching marketplace?

haleysgold
    SE MN

No FB. I might have an account yet but I doubt it.

I wouldn’t want very tall side rails or not at all either. Some of them are removable.

I’ll let you know if I see a deal on the style you’re looking for as well!

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Don’t know what price range you are looking spending. Central trailer sales in east bethel. They carry a tandem made by dct trailers out of dell rapids south dakota. Nice trailers 16-22foot 7,000 to 10000 cap. Well built. I bought mine pre covid 20 foot 10,000 lb. For 5,600 aluminum think there about 7,500 now

haleysgold
    SE MN

Don – That is awesome! Just what I’ve been looking for and the prices seem to be reasonable.
    Lots of styles and options to choose from too.

Thanks much!!!

haleysgold
    SE MN

I jumped on that a little quick.

Joe – I think these trailers might be more the style you’re looking for?

Ramps instead of tilt trailers.
    Seem reasonable for aluminum though.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I did check them out and they have some nice options. Was hoping to avoid buying new, but decent used ones are few and far between. Thanks for the heads up Don!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.