Wright County Regional Inspection Program

• tangler
    Inactive

I heard about this on MPR today and they mentioned that if it does go through, citizens would be able to attend a one-time session that certifies they know how to inspect their own boat, which would allow them to bypass the inspection station. I still am not a fan of this program, but this is the first I’d heard of such a bypass and felt like it was a positive step.

Umm, I think stopping it all together is the route to go. What you posted just allows people to think even if the measure passes they can do a little class and be OK. It won’t work that way. A lack of attention & concern & action from the anglers will just justify to the DNR that nobody really cares. Take 2 minutes and send the email in opposition.

I don’t disagree with you and I’ve sent emails to all listed. I was just pointing out that this was a new element that I had not seen mentioned in any of the several discussions I’ve seen on this topic. You can make a guess as to how that class would work but if I lived in the area and had to choose between a one-time certification and mandatory inspection every time I wanted to go fishing, the choice would be easy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Send the email! I don’t fish over there but if this gets a foothold (which it does have already), WE will be jumping through more and more hoops to fish a lake when and where we want.

wormdunker

This would get more action if someone were to compose the body of an email everyone on IDO could copy and paste. It would allow us all to convey a unified and direct opposition message for the DNR.

Anyone care to give er a shot? I am not completely educated on the topic enough to do so or I would.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I understand however I don’t think you would ever get that choice. If the measure gets the DNR approval the class will mysteriously disappear. Then you are right back to privatized lake access.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

This is all I wrote:

Please vote against the Wright county inspections.

It’s the DNR’s job to regulate the states waters, not the lake associations or land owners

wormdunker

OK this is what I sent>>>>>

Hello
    I am writing this email to voice my opposition on the Wright County AIS Inspection Program.

I am asking you to Please vote against the Wright county inspections.

It is the DNR’s duty to regulate the states waters on behalf of the entire population, not just the lake associations or land owners

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I emailed everyone on that list. Thank you for posting tangler!

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

I also emailed everyone on the list

Mwal

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I emailed everyone also but feel it will have no impact. The best could hope for is the class to bypass inspection stations.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Whether it has a impact or not only time will tell. What we know will happen is these Lake Association groups will keep pushing and if we don’t take the time to push back we will get rolled right over. At which point it will be to late to complain.

It doesn’t cost a dime to send a email, heck most of you are doing it on company time anyway. grin

Swede

Whether it has a impact or not only time will tell. What we know will happen is these Lake Association groups will keep pushing and if we don’t take the time to push back we will get rolled right over. At which point it will be to late to complain.

You got that right. At the meeting, one lake association representative even proposed an access fee on every lake to pay for enforcement, stating you pay to play golf don’t you. They want you OFF!

mrpike1973

I emailed everyone also 2 years ago I was on Sylvia 25 times in the season last year 6 times why to much hassle and not worth the down time. It’s coming you cant fish unless you “own a lake” pathetic. I have went to there meetings fisher people are treated as outsiders can’t we work together? Simple keep the inspections at the landings done nuff said. Can you imagine going to lake of the Woods and having to drive 5 miles out of your way to get inspected before you could launch? bet that would go away in a heart beat.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I emailed every one on the list as well

blackbay

Anyone else notice a number of the emails in support of the program are sent from entire families. One from mom, one from dad, one from Greg, one from Marsha, one from Jan…

Way to stack the deck.

Swede

Here is a link to the latest on The Wright County AIS program.
    http://www.co.wright.mn.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1057
    It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes.
    See the full board discussion in the video replay, the boat inspection topic starts at 1:49:50

Swede

It is dead for now. They may try to spin this in the future, so watch for other clever ways they will try to privatize the lakes.

Well, that didn’t take long. The power brokers are flexing their muscles and moved this away from the DNR and into the purly political relm. I guess their lobbyist did their job. Back to emailing, now to your congressman. The Senate has already screwed us and now the house is our only hope. Let them know how you feel.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501474759942534/permalink/2181932131896790/

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.