Wright County (MN) Regional Inspection Program

• carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Call, Call, email, or meet your State Representatives, they will hear this Bill o the House floor Tuesday. We can stop this Travesty.

See my Post from yesterday

BAD Amendment added SF 2314 – Omnibus Environment and Natural Resources Bill

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

One of the reps got back to me today. He said he hasn’t seen anything cross his desk about any new bills regarding the Wright Co AIS program, but he knows about it and doesn’t support it whatsoever.

In the post above, Carroll58 said they’ll see it tomorrow.

mrpike1973

If we don’t defeat this it will be a state wide mess. I see many sportsman getting rid of boats. So much for getting people into fishing. Very sad I don’t believe people understand the scope of this it just makes my heart sink thinking that something I love so dearly will slowly be taken away. I have emailed and called all I can.

matt

I feel the same way,bums me out just thinking about it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I emailed my house rep Cal Bahr.

What would happen if this were to pass through the house? Does it go back through the senate? Do we need to contact the governor?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Ok I am confused but that is not new. I contacted both my senator and house representative and was told that the Wright County bill is not included in the house version only the senate version. So maybe someone can explain how are government works.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I need some clarification on this too. If it passes the House, is everything put into effect like they initially planned on, all nine lakes including the six new ones? Why did the Senate vote so soon without any publicity?

What a mess. I wish they would just give up.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

since the bills had different languages the senate had to concur for it to get to the desk of Tim Walz. The senate did not concur so now it goes to committee. The committee will be 5 senators and 5 house reps. Once they reach agreement it has to be re approved by both the senate and house. Then off to Tim Walz.
    https://www.senate.mn/publications/billlaw.pdf

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

So, it looks like the senate voted on each and every section of the bill. Did the house do the same?

I see my state senator voted for section 162 which I will be sure to write to and call.

Good learning process for all of us.

Gordio

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that state senator Anderson (Clearwater area) proposed an amendment to the bill. As an amendment, it gets voted on then and there with only the knowledge the other senators have or whatever is told to them on the spot.

Anderson explained this as a cost saving measure, that’s fully funded, and they just want to continue doing what they did last year. As we know, these are lies. Ingebretson (Alexandria area, who always votes with his good ol boys getting exclusive rights to the outdoors) spoke up on behalf of the program. With only that knowledge, why wouldn’t everyone vote for it?

I think the bill still has to go thru the house.

If they differ (between house and Senate), it has to go to committee to hash out the difference in verbage, and if they send it thru with the program being pushed forward, the whole thing goes to walz to be approved and signed. I think he can line item veto things.
    (I have to read that link above to see what exactly happens, but I think this is the process from here for this).

blank

Gordon, I think you’re tracking that correctly. I agree with your assessment of the amendment. I read previously that they had a grant for $600k to do this program so it’s easy for Anderson to spin it in a positive by saying they have the funding. Like you said, without much knowledge on the topic and no need to push more funding towards it, why wouldn’t the Senate members vote for it?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Thanks Carter for the info! It would seem to me we have to get after the committee members to drop this amendment?

Gordio

These Senate people are not good…

Email them all I guess.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190502-050304_Samsung-Internet.jpg

blank

These Senate people are not good…

Email them all I guess.

What makes you call them “not good”? They are just the members who are on the conference committee to further discuss the omnibus environmental and natural resources finance bill because the Senate didn’t agree with everything that was included with the bill that the House passed. All of the Senators on the committee, and half of the House Reps are already on their respective regular environmental and natural resources committees.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

For my own information, is there any real value in contacting a senator or house representative that doesn’t represent your district?

I’m new to this.

Gordio

If they’re on the committee, then they are representing the state as well in regards to that committee.

If they tell you to pound sand because you aren’t in their district, and they are on a committee, I’d kindly point out that fact.

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.