Worst lake ever

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I just have to let it be known, I’ve fished all over hell and back. Lake Wissota is definitely the worst lake I’ve ever fished in my life. They should blow up the dam and drain that abomination.

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Did you catch crabs or what?

fishmantim

This is a good segway into folks worst lakes..I don’t really have one since I see it as a challenge but I’d if I had to pick one I’d say Leech Lake..I can’t catch a cold on that lake..like to hear other peoples tales of woe.

mike mulhern

l have to second the nomination it is the worst even in the spring it sucks

Ron
    Victoria, mn

This is a good segway into folks worst lakes.

Segue is a verb that means “to move without stopping from one topic, song, etc., to another.” Segway, on the other hand, is a trademarked name for an electric transportation device.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Wissota hasn’t ever been a good fishing lake for as long as I can remember, nor is it really my idea of scenic.

I’d go either an hour north and get closer to Hayward, or South to Pool 4. It’s worth the drive either way.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

It’s the absolute worst lake ever in terms of fishing, and I’ve tried a heckuva lot!

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

.I don’t really have one since I see it as a challenge but I’d if I had to pick one I’d say Leech Lake..I can’t catch a cold on that lake..like to hear other peoples tales of woe.

Leech is also my least favorite lake. Only have fished it in August while on family vacations but can never figure it. One fish here and there but never even ok….

maddogg

I bet you are saying that to keep other people away. grin grin grin

tim hurley

Big Sandy has not been kind to me. My imaginary friend Tom Boley says Leech is his favorite lake in MN.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Sorry but you need to figure it out. I have spent many hours on the lake with very good success. 40 walleye days limits of crappie and bluegills. Plenty of catfish. Once you figure it out it becomes very easy good luck.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

It is terrible. I mean worst of the worst. Find the old E40 Bassmaster results. Even KVD couldn’t catch any big ones there.

LabDaddy1

I’ve heard leech can be pretty tough but I’ve spent no time out there, personally.

LabDaddy1

I’ve heard leech can be pretty tough but I’ve spent no time out there, personally.

I’m full of great insight, as usual.. jester

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

It is terrible. I mean worst of the worst. Find the old E40 Bassmaster results. Even KVD couldn’t catch any big ones there.

I didn’t say anything about bass if you are looking for a prime bass lake then don’t fish there. There are more species then bass.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crawdaddy wrote:</div>

I didn’t say anything about bass if you are looking for a prime <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>bass lake then don’t fish there. There are more species then bass.

Are you guys talking about Leech or Wissota?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

In my mind Wissota`s biggest problem is it does not have a good forage base like most good fisheries have.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Lake Wissota near Leinenkugels in Wisconsin. Easily the worst bass fishery in the nation.

mike mulhern

i have caught a few catfish in that lake. i wonder if the 40 walleyes a day came from little lake wissota.

mike

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I was slightly confused as to which lake was being referenced. It started off with Wissota, then someone chimed in about Leech, then a random comment about Big Sandy, and the comments that followed didn’t indicate which lake each person was referencing.

As I understand it now, Wissota is a terrible bass lake.

Noted, thanks

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Sorry but you need to figure it out. I have spent many hours on the lake with very good success. 40 walleye days limits of crappie and bluegills. Plenty of catfish. Once you figure it out it becomes very easy good luck.

Would it be too much to offer a little insight?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>supercat wrote:</div>

Would it be too much to offer a little insight?

pmd you

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Here’s the best advice you’re ever gonna get about lake Wissota. Drive to the boat ramp, and then keep on driving right by to anywhere else. Wherever you end up will be better, because it doesn’t get any worse than wissota.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.