Minnetonka… anything new?

• skeeter
    West Metro

Anybody been out? I am planning on going out tonight for a bit after dark… and then again tomorrow afternoon. What’s the good word?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Found a day bite for walleye’s on sat. Fish suspended over 40 ft in wayzata bay. Moved into 22 to 25 feet at dark. Not much going after 5:30. Lake was very busy.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I haven’t been out, but I heard the crappies were pretty decent off Goose Island.

skeeter
    West Metro

I was out Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we got a few walleyes in about 19’… 24″ being the biggest. We also got a few smaller eaters. Sunday we went out and tried a bit deeper- like 25′- NOTHING! Didn’t even mark one fish on the Vex.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Sounds like you had a better day than I did. Lot’s of traffic where we set up. Figured this was why we found them so far off structure.

birdgirl
    lake mtka, mn

I’ve got two fish houses out this year–one on Spring Park Bay and one on Priests Bay. Haven’t had much luck in either of them, can’t get there until after dark during the week. Weekends I’ve fished Seton Channel for crappies. Wish we’d get some snow on the ice!!!

skeeter
    West Metro

I am heading out for the day on Sunday… anyone have any info for me? I think we are going to try to get some pike during the day, and then walters in the evening. Help?!

skeeter
    West Metro

Well, we didn’t make it out until late afternoon yesterday… and man was it COLD! We got set up on a 16- 20′ break and dropped the camera down… PERCH EVERYWHERE! These walleyes are eating good. I bet there was over 100 perch below the house- simply incredible, I don’t think I have ever seen so many perch. We ended up with 6 walleyes and a hammer handle northern- and of course a few perch. All of the walleyes were between 10-13″. What happened to all of the big girls? Anyone else do anything this weekend?

birdgirl
    lake mtka, mn

Hoping to get out this weekend, have been sick the last 2+ weeks!!! A friend of mine caught a nice 22″ ‘eye on Spring Park Bay last Sunday. I’m going to put up my portable there for a while on Sat, then move to Black Lake and party with the guys over there, and hopefully catch something more than a buzz!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

It hasn’t proving to be a banner year for me in the west metro. I’ve all but given up going out there. I don’t know if its just cyclical that way, or if its just me.

skeeter
    West Metro

I hear ya Mike… seems to be a bunch of people catching a few little fish. Oh well, just think… only 114 days until opener! ICK! Wow, only trying to make a joke and I just bummed myself out! Sorry. Anyway, on that note, see ya out there I guess…

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

There’s always the crappies after ice out. That can cut 30 days off that.

skeeter
    West Metro

Now yer talkin’!

skeets
    Apple Valley,MN

Hey either of you two guys fish any stuff in Scott County?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I really don’t, sorry.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Looking for a little help. Have spent the last few weekends between Brainerd and Walker and will be returning to Tonka on sat. Has anyone been fishing eye’s and how bad has the snowmobile traffic been?

Chris

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I haven’t fished it in quite a while, but I was out there Tue, and the sleds were out. Lots of snow to play in.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I just talked to a friend last night that got one that was 31 inches, just under 12 lbs. He’s putting it on the wall. One thing I noticed last year, the two big fish I saw(+26 inches) have huge guts. Must be plenty of forage for those big fish. He did say they haven’t had much consistent action. They are fishing depths of 18-22ft near weedlines/shallow water.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

jeez… that’s a tank! Beats the heck out of all the cigars I caught out there last year. Which end of the lake did he get that pig on?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

West end, darn as far west as you can go. Since I can’t go sledding this weekend, I’m likely gonna try some early morning fishing there.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks for the info. Good luck it you make it out there, and let us know how you faired!

BTP

I’m gonna give Tonka one more try for a decent walleye or two. Anyone find a depth or pattern that’s working. I’ll probably hit up Brown’s or Wayzata if the snow isn’t too deep by tomorrow.

BTP

Well I got out tonight. One northern and three small eyes. For what it’s worth the eyes were all caught jigging in 16 ft. Overall on Tonka I caught between 40-50 eyes this winter and only two were over 15 inches. Next year should be better.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.