Strange Tale

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I went out to White Bear Lake tonight to try for some crappies. I was a day late again as usual but had a wierd thing happened. About sunset I was walking around stretching my legs when I saw my dead stick bobber go down. By the time I got there the pole was heading for the hole. I made a dive for it but missed with my right hand and had to go down after it with my left. Well, all I got was wet up to my elbow and a nasty disposition.

About 7:00 the bobber goes down again and it was a 2# northern. I unhooked and put him back in the hole. When I picked up the line to rebait I felt some extra weight and sure enough there was another line tangled with the original. With a little coaxing I pulled up the pole I had lost earlier.

Stories like this have been told before, but now I’ll have to believe them. That critter swam around with the hook in his mouth and a rod and reel behind only to bite again.

I can bs as well as most fishermen, but I swear this one is true.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Getting your pole back. Almost better than catching fish.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Everything is believable….except “Lutefisk Lover”

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I’ve had 3 meals of lutey so far this holiday season, have one planned for New Year’s Eve (just to start the new year out right), and another one planned for later in Jan when we go back home. Since I am from near the town that claims itself as the lutefisk capital of the U.S. and the home of the lutefisk eating champ (8.5 #’s this year ), I had better enjoy the stuff also. When prepared to the right texture it is pretty good. Anyway it’s a good excuse to eat melted butter or creamy white sauce.

I do believe our numbers are dwindlig though.

By the way, don’t store any lutey under your shed. You will get rid of the skunks but a family of Norwegians may move in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.