Does any one fish Lake Rebecca ?

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Has anyone been fishing this lake ? It used to hold some dandy LMB…I caught a couple of muskies just under the 40″ mark there too…Ice fishing was good too…there is a small sunken island on the far side of the lake that I would set up on and pull some dandy walleyes out using a slip bobber small jig and a fat head…If anyone gets up there snap a couple of photos,,,i miss the place…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Where is this lake at? I would be game for some ice fishing there. I think there are so many little jewels in the west metro, can’t wait to hit them.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I believe the lake that ecnook is just south of the town of Rockford. This is a trolling motor only lake that has abundance of panfish, LMB and a good number of muskies to boot. I used to fish it years ago. I remember bringing extra batteries on board for backups. THe ramp I used was a little ways away from the area I wanted to fish, so I ate up my share of battery life just getting there. I have caught a couple smaller muskies while throwing buzzbaits for bass. We did catch a handful of 5lb+ bucketmouths from the late in the fall with big sucker minnows on a real light jig.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

If i remember right that lake had a back road I would take to get to the other side. Here you could dump in a canoe or walk out onto the ice. It shortened the distance to the spots I liked to fish too…

Mykal
    Rogers, MN

Ecnook, I grew up a couple miles from Rebecca. I have since moved away but still try and fish it a couple times a year through the ice. It has plenty of perch and crappie. Some years we get into some real good size , but the numbers are alway there. We have CPR one large Walleye out of there and one 48+ inch Ski through the ice a few years ago fishing perch. Stil have the photo’s! It is best for us in late February/March either by the sunken islands or by the point off the service road access. We walk from the service road access that Steve mentioned. Didn’t get there last year. It’s always worth a trip to see what the year will bring. If I get over there, I will take a couple pics for you.

WalleyeGFA

There are some other lakes over there to hit this year as well…

The bunch that are in a circle from Waconia to Tonka were great for me this year, looking forward to fishing them this winter (if the ice HAS to come)…

Ill give you a hollar and we will go Wfowler…. also still need to try Waconia for some more eyes… Ive been doing th river and Tonka still…

Wally

kooty
    Keymaster

Sounds good. I’m gonna hit Indy on Friday after work into the dark. I’ll let you know how I do.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Waconia can be a lot of fun early. Last year all I got was shorties though.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m scourned by Waconia. I fished it pretty hard this summer a few different times and got my butt handed to me. One keeper, rest were perch and gills. I’ll be back, after my bitterness settles. Parley is another I’m gonna try next week one evening.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.