Chanhassen Lakes for shore fishing

• thflounder
    Plainfield, IL

Hello,
    I recentlly moved to Chanhassen from Burnsville and have tooled around on Lake Susan and Lake Anne, but I am wondering what are good lakes in the area to fish from shore. I don’t have a boat and I love to fish for anything! I know that I am just a few miles from Tonka but I want to find a lake that isn’t so busy and still has good fishing, ie. something small. Anyone able to help a fellow angler?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey TH

If you want to get away from the big city and come up and fish coon lake in east bethel with me, you are sure welcome to come and take a ride in my boat. PM me if you are intersted. I don’t have a fancy boat or nothing, but we can go and waste a good day away having fun.

shane

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I would hit Parley or Minnewaska. You should get some decent action on either for panfish, northern, bass and the occasional walleye on Parley. I dont know if they fishing docks, but they do accesses and the weeds should be dying off soon.

thflounder
    Plainfield, IL

Thanks guys,

Dave where are those lakes located? I haven’t really looked on a map but I figured I would just ask.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Both are relatively close to highway 5 in Chanhassen, they should be no problem finding them. In fact, you can easily see Minnewashta right off Highway 5 near CR 41.

thflounder
    Plainfield, IL

I got out on Lake Susan on Saturday and tried a new spot just off the beach area. I ended up catching 16 bass of good size, 3 huge crappie, and even a nothern/snake all on twister tails. I had some fun and I will drive up 5 to test out the other lakes asap. Thanks guys again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.