Lake Calhoun quick report

• gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

Electric motor only, Gas engine can be on the boat put not in the water, not sure if you need a permit for the electric motor like you did 4 or 5 years ago when I fished it.

sos
    Ellsworth,Wi

Anyone been out on calhoun yet? i just moved down to the cities and feel like i pull a few things out of the ice. Where are people fishing? any help would be awesome.

-jon

g_man
    Bloomington, MN

I’m planning to get out there tomorrow AM. If anyone else that checks out this forum and are also there, stop by and introduce yourself. I’d be happy to compare notes. I’ll be mobile and with a buddy. Black snow pants and black jacket. Too much gear.

FishAddict21
    Bloomington, MN

Anyone on here stayin out for the night bite and need some company this week??? i work downtown and drive right by it everyday, dont have an auger or a portable down here, leave it up north. I’ve never ice fished calhoun but hear of some people catchin some dandies. Anyone have room for a straggler to join around 6 maybe tomorrow or thursday??

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

i can’t believe it is almost time again for this little lake to get going. where has the year gone?

Has anyone been out to Calhoun/Isle Lately? How are the weeds? Water temp? More importantly, how are the bass biting?

THanks!

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

No but I’d like to! I might get out there next week? Water should be cooling off enough for it. BTW..I’m a bass guy so I’ll go hit the weedlines first before going shallow in the wood. I’m sure the temps are in the upper 50’s right now. Most lakes have been 55 to 60.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Didn’t make it out but the temps are in the mid 40’s noww so not sure it’s going t be a (good) bite at all? I might get out next week now. It might be the coldest water I have ever fished for open water bass in??

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

5 of us went out last Saturday, one of the most beautiful urban fisheries in the Country if not the World.
    Air 50-68F, Water surface 46-48F, Fish caught 5-bass, 1-Pike, 3-bite off’s (Bass guy’s – No steel leaders), Big Bass came from my boat 18 1/4″ by my partner.
    See Photo Journal: http://picasaweb.google.com/WestMetroBASS/LakeCalhounAnBeautifulUrbanFishery#
    The Bass caught were all tucked deep into the thick GREEN Milfoil & Coontail.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the report. i still have not had a chance to get out there this fall yet, but am still hoping too.

What did you get the fish on?
    Great lake to be on especially in the fall. Pretty amazing how a great lake like that is tucked inside a big city.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

I never got out there either. Might be too late now? I was in Florida fishing 70 water temps. 6lbs was my biggest but only fished for 6 hours total. Rest of time was at the theme parks. Weather was sunny and 80!!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

sounds nice. Got any pics of that fish? Did you get it casting baits or using shiners?

I am still hoping for one more trip. The last time I got out was about a month ago and it was less than successful. I got to imagine that the wood out there should still have some fish on it. Another couple of weeks and that channel will be frozen and then Isle is off limits.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Here it is.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

20-25 fow tube and 1oz sinkers in hyrdrilla canopies.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.