Minneapolis Fishing?

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

Has anyone been out on the city lakes this summer?

I spent some time on these lakes earlier this year, but soon yielded all of my attention to chasing cats on the rivers.

The walleye fishing was decent in May, and I also ran into several muskies on my walleye expeditions.

Needless to say, Im done chasing cats for a while, the sturgeon season is at a close, and I plan on hitting these lakes regularly until ice up with my primary focus being walleyes and a musky trip here and there.

Anyone been spendng time or having luck overall this year? I hope to have some positive near future reports to share with the public!

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

The muskie bite has been pretty steady lately. Fish have been alot shallower than I would normally expect for this time of year. Inside weedlines and flats after dark

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Nothing to write home about, but I did manage to sneak to Lake Nokomis this evening for a couple hours. I tried the deeper water in what was left of the daylight and found where the bullheads were hiding(not an acceptable catch if you dont need catfish bait)… needless to say, there are still plenty in there for next years catfish expeditions.

I moved much shallower to get away from the bullheads and I found a couple 15″ walleyes near the shoreline transitions in about 11′ of water which were quick to take my fathead offering. I didnt give those fish much time and I moved onto trolling to see what happened. I made a lap around the lake switching baits a couple times from #12 HJ’s to a Minnow Rap just because it looked so nice. I thought they looked great, the fish had no interest at all.

A couple walleyes once I got away from the bullheads for a short trip, it could have been worse! No wind out there, a very nice night to be out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.