Lake Marion Any news? Maybe a couple tips?

• et1770
    Shakopee, MN

My daughter has a track meet tomorrow, (Monday), at Lakeville South. Being that I am a responsible parent, I’m thinking that I have to leave Shakopee by noon so I can get there in time for the 4:30 start. I noticed on the map that the school is only a couple blocks from Lake Marion. I figure I should take my boat with, just in case I have a few spare 65 degree, mostly sunny minutes to kill. Anybody have a report or tip to help me out? I don’t know anything about the lake, but I will sacrifice some early afternoon time to learn.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Probably a waste of time IMHO, I just never see much for panfish in the lake, not to say there isn’t any, but the sunfish seem small, and the crappies are few and far between from my experince. I have found a school or two of crappies in the past. I suppose wasting time on the water isn’t all bad.

It’s also with in the realm of things to note there may actually be a good population of sizeable panfish in the lake, but I have yet to ever find them, and I don’t think the DNR report supports that idea either.

Personally I call marion the “Dead sea” I live near the lake, I fish it multiple times a year, I can say I’ve never had a day out there in the past 6 years I call a good day, I wouldn’t say they were all bad either (and not to imply I’m some fishing pro or anything). Still I gotta fish it because it’s so close to me, I keep hoping I figure it out, or the lake starts producing again, or something.

I’d probably look deep and bring some live bait, I’d guess it’s pretty cold yet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.