How’d ya do this weekend?

• thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

Is the ‘Tonka forum the right place to post for other Twin Cities lakes?

I spent a couple hours on Bald Eagle Saturday morning with my 6-year old daughter. She was a great sport and despite temps in the 50s, she had a smile on her face almost the whole time. Spent most of the time in a half way protected area, fishing slip bobbers with crawlers in about 10′. Several nice crappies and a 26″ Northern.

Several folk at the dock reported limits of Walleyes using jigs and minnows off the SE point of the island. (too windy for a 6-year-old )

Plan on heading to ‘Tonka Tuesday afternoon. Anyone have starting suggestions?
    – Rick

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I didn’t get out to Tonka at all due to tournies sat and sun. I would start in Browns or Wayzeta. Try to either key on weed edges or rocks and you should find a few eyes. Lindy rigs with minnows or leeches usually work best for me. Good luck.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I won’t be on Tonka until at least next week. We have our first league tourney on Waconia this Sunday, so I’ll be out there pre-fishing every night this week except tonight. I plan to hit Tonka at least one night a week for the rest of the summer though. My goal is to learn that lake this summer, at least learn some of it…..

FishnFreak

I’am going out with my wife and 4 year old on Wednesday. I will let you know how we do. Going out after Panfish and Pike, might get a chance to try for a few ‘eyes but nothing serious.

Just nice to get the boat in the water!

Steve

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I also plan to be on the lake for the first time this summer. I’ll post a report on Thursday am.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Spring park is usually loaded full of pike on the outside weed edges this time of the year. Suckers under bobbers or crankbaits work good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.