Ice fishing bald eagle lake

• FishHead
    ST Paul

i would just like to tell ya that the ice is 6″ thick on the north end of Baldy. I caught about 100 sunnies although they seemed wormy and small. I brougth home a couple of pan fulls for dinner though. They were pounding a orange and glow fat boy with a waxie in 7 fot. I saw people all over but I cant tell how thick the ice is anywhere else. Just thought you might like to know.

Paul Hanlon
    Roseville, Minnesota

Thanks for the report Mark.
    I am from the Roseville area and have been meaning to fish/learn the area lakes. Owasso, Bald Eagle and White Bear are on the list. I asked Santa for ‘time’ and he laughed. I did some driving this last weekend to the boat ramps and swung into the bait shop on 61. Some folks out fishing but I did not talk to anyone but the guy running the bait shop.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Thanks for the update!!!!!
    Gotta love good fast panny action!

col._klink
    St Paul

If you were at Little Bear Bait…………What did he have to say????

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for the update.

hans1159
    Champlin, MN

I will vouch for the ice. I measured 5-7 inches across the north end from that walk-on NE access almost to the tip of that bar near the 30 foot hole.

AND there are some walleyes in there too. I usually fish near that bar before the tons of people hit it and then spread out hte rest of the winter.

Paul Hanlon
    Roseville, Minnesota

Colklink83,
    I was really just trying to get out of the house quickly that morning so I wasn’t geared up for fishing. I just asked about fall fishing on the area lakes? ‘Some’. If they are fishing walleyes on the steep break just beyond the reed clump on Bald Eagle? ‘Yes’. and then he offered that a young guy had caught a large walleye in that area recently.

col._klink
    St Paul

Thanks,

I stopped and saw him the other day. Not much to talk about Stupid weather we are having………..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.