Ice free!!

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The offical ice out date on Tonka was sat. Noticed a few boats chasing crappies.

revermann
    Rice, MN

I talked with one of my buddies on Sunday and he said he was catching some 1 lb crappies in one of the bays on the east side of the lake, but he wouldn’t tell me exactly where. He said the water temp was 55 degrees in that bay. If I can find out anything else I will let everyone know!!!

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

What’s the strategy for panfish this early in the season? My buddy want to go out after work this Friday.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

The strategy would be to find water in the 52-55 degree temp now as thats the first place the panfish will move to. My Dad and I were just talking about this sunday and for as long as the old guys can remember thats the magic temp.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I like to worked Seton for numbers. It is relativly shallow and warms quickly. A good spot for numbers. Most of the bays on the north-west side are much the same way. The eastern bays tend to hold bigger fish, just not quite as many. I use crappie minnows, waxxies and eurolarvae on a bare hook, small flu flu or small plastic tube or twister. I try a little of each and let the fish tell me what they want. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.