Walleye bite

• bigpike

I have heard from many reliable sources that the jig and leach bite is going very very strong right now on Wissota, lots and lots of fish just under the slot for eating and a few in the slot, fish are being caught off hard breaks and are not up on the flats yet during the day. Hasn’t been alot of posting for the old gal recently so I thought I’d throw my 2 penies in.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks. Sounds like you will have alot of nice fish for next year with that strong of a year class.
    Thanks, Bill

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I have heard the same and last night during league we didn’t even give it a try. Tonight Erik and I are going to go on a ‘eye hunt.

Sully

bigpike

Unfortunatly Bill it seems the fish in this body of water never seem to grow into the slot in mass quantity like it was intended to, the slot has been in place for ten years yet I bet if you ask anyone that fishes this lake it takes 25 fish atleast below to catch one in, and even more fish below to catch one above, it is just the way it is

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This is an interesting post considering last night when Erik and I were out we put the first ‘eye either one of us have caught that was over the slot. This one went 18.25″. Fish this size are a lot more rare than I would like to see. Check out how golden this fish was.

Sully

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.