2/18 Lake Wissota Ice Fishing Tournament

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I was driving down County X last night and noticed there was a marque posting at Tim’s Wayside for an ice fishing tournament this Saturday on Lake Wissota. This is the first I heard about it, so I’m not expecting it to be a large production but it may be something to check out if you are in the area.

Call Tim’s Wayside for more information: (715) 723-2777

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Is it a thing where you bring the fish to the bar?

bigpike

Hope the water clears up by then, my buddy was out Monday and caught about 10 nice gils, then Tuesday he said the water went dirty, the dam was open because he couldn’t keep his line vertical and struggled to catch four fish in about 6 hours. it could be a tough bite.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Joe, I don’t know how it works.

Bill, I didn’t know they messed with the water level in the winter anymore. That’s not good. I have to wonder how that effects the integrity of the ice.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I remember when the old man used to live on the lake, when they dropped it, all the sandbars and drop offs would be exposed. It was really neat.

bigpike

I think they let out just enough water to fire up the generators if they have alot of water flowing in, sometimes you have to drill a hole a couple feet away for you transducer to pick up your jig in 20′. Either way they do open up the gates during winter…

bigpike

for the tourney I’d be more concerned about the water clarity, you couldn’t see the bottom of the ice it was so cloudy…

bigpike

Did anyone hit the tourny this last weekend, I have a some time off this week and I would like to know if the water has cleared up some on the little lake, Thank you in advance for any info…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.