Elite 50 Rules

• Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I find it interesting that the pro’s can’t pre-fish 30 days before the first practice day. This is very different than walleye tournaments. This could lead into a discussion of the difference between bass and walleye, but I wont’ go there.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I think the no pre-fish rule helps even the field. I also believe it’s a good thing and more tourney circuits should implement it.

How many of those pros have guys that fish for them before the tourney? An answer to that question might raise some eyebrows.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

How many of those pros have guys that fish for them before the tourney? An answer to that question might raise some eyebrows.

I didn’t even think of that. I know the observers can’t be on the water 7 days before pre-fishing.

In the walleye world many guys will hire guides before tournament, although there is a cut off time.

I heard bass guys will place structure on lakes before tournaments, that is wild.

Sully

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Some guys will hire pilots to fly them over water so they can see where all the other boats are fishing….Helps them get an idea on what everyone is doing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.