Wissota Bass Tourney

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

If anyone is going to this tournament we should all meet somewhere. Anyone considering going?

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I’m an observer

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

What is the job of an observer?

Joe, I will be on the water chasing them around. Let me know if you want to hop in my boat.

Sully

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I get to ride with one of the pro’s on Wed-Thurs.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Ive always heard they have tight security on the fisherman but maybe not. Are you and Erik goin in the same boat?

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I applied earlier in the year it cost me $300, I won’t find out who I ride with until Tues. night.

kkeoth
    Eau Claire

dang that would be a sweet time. i wanna go check them out and but i dont think my boat would have a shot and keeping with them. when is everyone going. maybe have room for one more.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Ive always heard they have tight security on the fisherman but maybe not. Are you and Erik goin in the same boat?

I wonder how they are going to keep us away from them.

I am free Wednesday and Thursday night. You, Erik, and I will hit it. I have a state park sticker, so that landing should be free. Worse case scenario, they can’t keep me off my dock.

Sully

mikem
    SE Minnesota

I fished the top 100 on Tonka ten years ago.Most of the bass boats stayed about 100 yards away and watched with binoculars.Other boats came right up close.It’s public water.The last two days with the closed course,I’ve never seen that, except on TV.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Oh ok, I know they did close a few boat landings for the tourney. Let me know what day and I will be there, Jason.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

All 50 go out from 10am-6pm Wed.6/15 & Thurs. 6/16 on Friday they cut to the Top 12,then Sat. 6 They fish the closed course those last two days.Take-off and Weigh-ins at The View on Cty X.I’m not familiar with the area so I’ll be checking it out on Tuesday.

scottys
    Eagan, MN

Anyone have directions on how to get to the View for weigh in?

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Anyone have directions on how to get to the View for weigh in?

If you can find the lake, go down Highway X where it splits the lake and you won’t miss it.

Sully

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah the View has a big blinking blue light so you cant miss it at night.

What time are weigh ins?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I seen a few of the Citgo boats on saturday sittin at the wissota motel. They must be the camera boats.

We also so a huge Bassmaster semi by Gordys. Everyone is gittin ready.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

7pm each day.They are having what they call a Bass Expo Friday 3-8pm Sat. 1-8pm also at the weigh-in site.

stg113
    Loyal, WI

I was out on Wissota on Sunday. Seen a bunch of them out practice fishing. We put in at the view and at about 7:00 PM we pulled into the view to take the boat out. I walked right by Van Dam. He was pulling out. He wasn’t there long. I’m not sure I have ever seen a boat get taken out of the water that quickly. Any way I plan on bringing the boat out on Saturday. I have some friends that have permanent sights at Mallard Resort and they said I could use Mallard’s landing. I’ll be in a 2004 black and white Starcraft Cstar with 115 Opti. I’m hoping to be able to beach the boat somewhere near the View to see the final weigh-in.
    STG113

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Jason I cant go with yall, but Friday you and Erik wanna meet for the weigh-in at the View? Let me know.

mikem
    SE Minnesota

check out BassFan.com for a pre-fishing preview

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Anyone know where and when the final weigh in is on Saturday night?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I think its still at the View at 7:30.

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Just returned from following the 6 pros on Wissota all day…..all I can say is that these guys are pinpoint accurate and 100% efficient. Most of the lures and techniques they used we have all used ourselves……We watched VanDam(Elite50 champ) and Hite run jerkbaits with their trolling motors on high and with our 225 Merc at Idle speed we could not keep up. Well worth the trip…just wish the big smallies that roam the Wissota waters would of showed up. Hope they come back to WI.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Yeah it was fun to watch, I also hope they return.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.