Wisconsin Side Lake Pepin

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Planning on taking my 7 year old son and father in law out on Lake Pepin Saturday afternoon 6.5. With all of the high water I am afraid we will not be able to launch out of Stockholm. We normally avoid Maiden Rock due to the shallow launch, but do you think we would be ok now? I have a pretty deep 18.5 Lund Fisherman. Or are we better off driving all the way down to Pepin city launch?

Also, any advice for fishing would be very much appreciated since I have not been down there since Memorial Day weekend. We are hoping to troll it up with cranks! Please feel free to pm me if that works better for you. Thanks!!!

Ryan

Andy Groskreutz
    Minnesota

Trolling will work just fine. Wisconsin side was good last Saturday.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks Andy! Where did you launch?

Andy Groskreutz
    Minnesota

Hok Si LA. Check out Dale Rueber’s report. That’s me in the picture holding the fish.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

I was afraid you would say that Andy. We are hoping to launch out of the Wisconsin side since it would be so much closer for us cheese heads.

Ryan

dgdgolf
    NULL

Did I read there is a no wake zone on the Lake?

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

Yes there is a no wake area

Posted on: June 27, 2014
    Emergency Slow No Wake Zone

The Goodhue County Board of Commissioners has enacted an emergency temporary no wake ordinance for the Mississippi River between Mile 773 and Mile 807 due to the above normal water elevation. This no wake ordinance will remain in effect until the water level recedes below 11 feet as measured at the official NOAA Red Wing gauge station. The Goodhue County Sheriff’s Office Water Patrol reminds boaters that all motorized watercraft traveling on the Mississippi may not operate their boat at greater than no wake speed. No wake is defined as the operation of any watercraft at the slowest speed necessary in order to maintain steerage, but in no case greater 5 miles per hour.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

We had a fantastic afternoon launching out of the Lake Pepin Marina Plenty of Walleye, sauger, and crappie kept us busy all afternoon!

Ryan

Attachments:
    1. 7.5cooler.jpg

2. 7.5.jpg

3. 7.5grandpadenny.jpg

Andrew

Fished Pepin on the 4th caught 7 walleye/sauger and lost just as many trolling leadcore in 16-20 ft

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

We basically ran the same program Andrew…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.