Wisconsin DNR

• Umy
    South Metro

This may already have come up and if so I apologize.
    I use the MN DNR “Lakefinder” to find lakes, public landings and fish populations.
    I have been on a couple sites for Wisconsin but they do not seem to offer the same information as the MN one.
    Perhaps I am looking at the wrong sites or not navigating properly once in.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Umy WI does’nt like to give out to much useful info.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Umy WI does’nt like to give out to much useful info.

i dont know Chuck……i deer hunted wisc the very first time this past Nov…….hellofa lot simplier then Mn. no tags….only thing i thought odd you have to declare hunting public or private land??

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

glenn that is rather stupid to declare what ground your hunting.I think they are trying determine how many deer are shot on each.
    Why,who knows.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

glenn that is rather stupid to declare what ground your hunting.I think they are trying determine how many deer are shot on each.
    Why,who knows.

my brother has lived out there for 20 plus years and he has figured it out yet either.

LabDaddy1

.I think they are trying determine how many deer are shot on each.
    Why,who knows.

I mean, that sounds logical. But how are they going to “enforce” everyone telling the truth? Guess they really can’t and would have to depend on honesty.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Why,who knows.

it’s the bonus/antlerless permits that are based on the type of land being hunted; the standard buck (or choice depending on location) permit with your license is good anywhere. they provide more bonus antlerless permits for private land because that’s where the deer numbers are highest since that’s where hunting pressure is lower.

where i live in south-central WI you get your buck permit plus two antlerless when you purchase your initial license. i just put in for one of each, public and private (i mostly hunt public but occasionally get invited to private). you can buy essentially unlimited additional doe permits, so it’s not a limiting factor here at all.

in some areas further north where there are some antlerless permits available by draw, it’s more critical to know where you’re hunting as there are fewer available for public land.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chuck100 wrote:</div>
    .I think they are trying determine how many deer are shot on each.
    Why,who knows.

I mean, that sounds logical. But how are they going to “enforce” everyone telling the truth? Guess they really can’t and would have to depend on honesty.

They hand out less public land doe tags in the north to keep the public lands from getting annihilated.

How do they enforce it?

Just like anything else.

If you’re checked and don’t have a valid tag for where you’re hunting it’s poaching. Pretty simple.

Would you go to Colorado and hunt elk in a zone your tag isn’t valid??

Riverrat

They use the data from public/private to determine funding of public lands.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i hunted with my brother just south of Mossonie Wi. i got 1 buck tag and 1 anterless with the same license.

brother could buy, well so could i about as many anterless as he wanted but only 1 per day. he also gets extra the way it sounded with his crossbow license. i know he hunts there and near New Richmond Wi on the same licenses!

it was a bit confusing when he explained it to me……if i got 2 deer i was good…..and happy. waytogo woot

Umy
    South Metro

Suzuki, very cool – THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.