Wisconsin dells

• David Blais

We are looking at doing a seasonal in Wisconsin Dells on the Wisconsin River. How is the walleye fishing in that area? Not looking for spots. Just general information on the River. We are looking at holiday shores resort

z-man
    Dousman, WI

When are you planning on being there? Walleye fishing can be very good in the spring and fall but be prepared for lots of company, especially April and May. It can be a PITA at times, with boats zooming by too close, but I guess that can be the case anywhere. With that said, it is a beautiful area to fish and action can be very good, sorting thru many shorts to get a few eaters and slots. High water can be a pain; I look at streamflow charts before heading over there. If you’re flexible on location or considering another trip, take a look at Petenwell Flowage and the stretch of river that leads into it.
    Don’t know anything about Holiday Shores.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Yes, Spring can crowded, but fishing can be good. I havent fished there over the summer before but hear the Samllies can be a blast. I have done well in the fall for Walleyes and crappies there also

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.