Wisconsin River below Castle Rock

• rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

Headed over to the Wisconsin on Saturday to see if we could get some action. I figured we could get some time in before evryone and thier brother starts geting thier boats out. Well I was half right, we got the action and a bunch of boats. The most I have seen at this dam in about 15 trips. The fishing was steady we got enough for a meal and let 3 other keepers go with one in the slot size 22″ . With no current except the eddy 1/4 oz jigs with meat did the trick. Sorry that I dont have photos I dont know how to load my digital into the computer
    Heading to Depere on Thursday
    I hope the weather holds out!!

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Fished from shore last night till dark about twelve boats on average with some coming and going. Caught three with one keeper boats were obvisously doing worse when I straightened up from putting fish on the stringer there were three boats about twenty feet from shore right where we have to cast to fish. Sad to say my blood pressure went
    thru the roof.
    I just don’t understand it when I’m in my boat I wouldn’t dream of cutting off someones fishing, sad to say we see it alot with some boaters cutting off other boaters but the guys stuck on shore just can’t pick up anchor and move so if you guys are out there think a little next time.

Oh buy the way the fish came on debuque rig pink floater and 1/4 oz jig just sitting on bottom moved a couple inches every half minute can you say negative fish very clear water and gates closed, Castle rock is just getting some dark ice but guys were still ice fishing. Chippman

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks for the report Chippman, unfortunately, peoplenever said you had to be smart, or courtious to own a boat. I am sorry that someone did that to you.

Take care and thanks again for the report.
    Bassman

cj_2
    Wisconsin

fished below dam on 3/19, 2 dinks ad one 15″ walleye in 4 hours. water was 35-36 degrees and about 2-3 ft higher than its has been all winter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.