Ice Fishing the fingers on Lake Wisconsin

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I got out on the ice tonight after coming into town. I started fishing at about 3:15 and left the ice an hour later with a few decent bluegills and one nice crappie. The gills were about eight inches and the crappie about twelve. Nothing special, but turned out ok. Most fish were within about 6″ of the bottom. Lots of little ones. Will be fishing the next three days between here and the Madison Chain. I will try to post every night and try to get some pics as well. Ice seems to be ok as of yet, but there was only about two inches of solid ice were I was. Be careful ou there if you are not used to fishing the lake.

Bassman

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Come on cold snap

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I know a few sloughs already that are starting to open up. This is not good at all. We got some serious ground to cover, even if it does get cold again. It will take a while to patch up the damage, especially in areas that don’t have much ice YET….why does mother nature have to be so cruel?!

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Went out again today for a few hours. The fish have moved on from the fingers, at least for the day. I caught a few small gills and perch, and decided it would be more interesting to go cut a load of wood . A guy even showed up with an aqua view today and bounced around to about twenty different holes looking for fish, and he only saw a few. Oh well, Back to the Madison chain on Monday .

Good luck

Bassman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.