Oct 2 on Lake Wisconsin (Fall Brawl)

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Well just got back from fishing the fall brawl on Lake Wisconsin. Seems like everytime I have fished a tourney in the past two years, the wind has blown with gusts of at least 25 miles an hour. We finished out of the money, but should have done much better. We had at least four legals come unbuttoned on the way to the boat. The wind made for tough boat control on the lake and always kept a nice bow in your line. Did manage to catch about a 38″ muskie today. it deffinately made for an exciting time. Hard to believe more people do not fish them out here. I bet I have seen at least 10 legals this year will bass fishing. I have caught two and my cousin caught one this spring. Anyway, 18.5 pounds won today for six fish. The top two places were smallies. They only paid out five places today due to the small turnout. I think they had 28 boats.

Good luck to all the next few weeks. I am not sure if I will make it out again this year on the soft water. I am heading up to Lake Vermillion in two weeks.

Bassman

airpart

Hi Bassman, glad to hear that you at least caught something ou there. We weren’t so lucky. Put in at the same place you did on Sunday and put up with the wind all day. I bought a lake map and thought that would help but we trolled breaks all the way down to the tressel an only caught a 5″ walleye (slip bobbering by the Tippery (sp) Bluffs and a smallish white bass.
    That is one tough lake to get to know. With all of the stumps and 1.9 ft of water in some spots. We packed up and went across the state to the Wolf river where we ALWAYS catch fish and guess what?? Fished all day Monday and didn’t catch a thing . I guess it wasn’t meant to be for us. The weather was great and it was still better than being here at work. Maybe I’ll try again in spring. Thanks again for all of your input on the lake.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

A lot of people struggle on this lake. More than normal with all of the food in the system. Should result a good growth rate for everything this year. Sorry you didn’t do well. Hopefully your next trip will be more successful. Drop a line again next time and maybe I can meet you out there and show you a few spots to try

Bassman

airpart

Thanks Bassman, I will let you know next time we try it. I think fishing is over for the year though too much going on at home and work to take off like I’m retired . Hope you have great end of the year.
    Ray

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.