Fishing on Lake Wisconsin Sat 9/24

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I got out for some fishing today and decided to split the day into two types of fishing. My brother and I started out targeting gills in about 2-4 foot of water and we hammered them. It may have been the best gill fishing I have had on Lake Wisconsin since I was a kid. Lots of fun. We were using waxies on ice jigs and casting them to piers and boat docks. If you didn’t get bit in the first ten seconds, you were in the wrong spot and you needed to recast. The gills ran large as well. All in all we kept 15 for the table and released all of the rest. If anyone is interested in the specifics for the panfish just PM me and I will let you know were and on what color to use.

The rest of the day we spent chasing bass. We ended up catching five legals in about two hours with about six 12 inchers to go along with them. I will post pics as soon as I get back home and set up my computer again. We caught the bass on a variety of presentations including Brovarney swim jigs and pitchin plastics. I will post a complete report asap. Tight lines to all and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Bassman

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Sounds like alot of fun with both species. They both fight real good on light rods.
    Thanks, Bill

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Went out again on Sunday and targeted just bass for the day. Ended up doing pretty good. We caught a couple of good legals and I lost a couple. The bass are definatly in a fall pattern and have the feed bags on. The bass are getting so fat they look like they are going to spawn any day. There is so much baitfish in the system right now that It makes things a little more difficult and you have to be very precise with your presentation to get them to bite. If you cast is even a little off the mark, they wouldn’t bite. Sort of made it fun to know they were there and have to work to get em. I will post some pics after the tourney next weekend. Should be some exceptional weights for Lake Wisconsin, unless something drastic happens.

Bassman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.