Lake Wisconsin, To the Dells

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just wondering if anyone knows if the water level is down on this part of the river yet? I am going to be on Lake Wisconsin for the weekend and would like to chase some smallies on the river if it is low enough. About how high is it? I am sure the water temps are close to 50 degrees by now. Are they still catching the walleyes and saugers at the upper end of the lake in the cut? I would appreciate any info people can help with.

Bassman

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

River is still up, but coming down every day. Looks like it’s about 2 to 3 feet above summer levels at the dells. Here is the link to the dells water levels.
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv/?site_no=05404000&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060
    When you click the link, it leaves off the ,00060 which gives you the cfs flow rate. If you want to see that, add the ,00060 onto the end of the address

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks Mendotaeye,

I will have to bookmark that site. I am going to be up on the river and lake this weekend and will post a report after I get back. I will be targeting mostly bass as there is a tourny on the 30th of April. I also hope to find some crappies. Anyone been catching any yett this year. They should be starting to move into some of the channels in the grove. I know they have been getting some nice gills and perch in there at times already this year.

Bassman

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Got out on Lake Wisconsin this weekend, it was a great weekend to be out on the water! The crappies and nice gills are starting to bite on the lake. You can get some nice slabs if you can find warm water and minnows (at least that is what I saw. Largemouth action is fair on the lake as well. I expect that both will only get better this week as the temps stay up there. I was suprized how low the river was. I was unable to get into a couple of spots in the backwaters that I could at this time last year, and with the higher water that I heard about before traveling up. All in all, it was great to be on the water again. I will be traveling again next weekend and will post what I observe then. Until then be safe out there, I saw a lot of new deadheads in my travels from the grove up past Hookers resort.

Bassman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.