Wisconsin River?Lake Wisconsin Temps

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Anyone fishing Lake wisconsin/ Wisconsin River, able to say what the water temp is running at?

Bassman

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Fished the Dells Sunday with my 8 yr. old, hoping to get on some numbers, even shorties, but was slow. Water temps were right at 44 most places, with a degree one way or the other. Fished there again Monday am, and picked up to try Praiirie du sac on the way home. slow in both places, and water temps still around that 44.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Bassman,
    Water temps on the upper end of Lake Wisconsin as of last Sunday, April 3rd were at 45-46 degrees by mid afternoon.
    JWB

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Joel,

Do you ever do any bass fishing on the lake/river? I was just wondering. I grew up on the fingers and am starting to fish the area hard again. Going to be trying my hand at some of the opens on the lake as well. Always looking for somebody to swap stories with about the lake. Have taken some dandies out of there over the last year. Seems like the fishery is starting to get better again. Maybe it is the boat traffic scaring people away?

Anyway, if you might be interested in swapping info/stories, let me know.

Bassman

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Bassman,
    Sorry, I don’t target Bass at all.
    Planning on spending a bit more time chasing Crappies and Bluegills this year but not alot more.
    Pretty much been a Walleye man for the most part.
    There does seem to be far more Bass tournaments than Walleye tournaments though.
    Good luck out there.
    JWB

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks Joel,

I notice that you fish the Lake a lot, But also have seen post for up by the Dells from you. Do you live by the Grove? Good luck with the guiding this year.

Bassman

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Thanks Bassman.
    I live 2 miles south of Sauk City and grew up fishing the Wisconsin River below the Sac dam, Lake Wisconsin and below the Dells dam.
    If you see my 18′ white lund with a 175 hp Envinrude, give a holler.
    JWB

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

Joel – Have the crappies on Lake Wisconsin turned on yet? If not any idea when? Thanks Mark

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Mark,

I know that the crappies have started on the lake, along with the nice gills. They are both being caught out of the same areas. I wacthed a number of guys getting slabs on minnows in some of the bays. Some can even be caught on garden worms while going for gills. A good friend of mine has been getting them on a regular basis, before this cool down. They shouldn’t move far, if at all. Good luck if you get out and let us know how you do.

Bassman

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

Bassman – I didn’t make it up to Lake Wisconsin yet but went out on the Wis River today above the 14 bridge and caught a 10 pounder (to bad it was a carp). The Bass seem to have made it in also had 2 good sized smallies 1 – 16″ and 1 – 17.5″ and the usual suckers, sheephead and carp. Thanks for the info on Lake Wis I’m going to try and make it up next week if the sun comes out. Thanks Mark

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Mark,

I strongly advise it. The fishing is hot right now. Even witht the cold, the gills and crappies are still feeding strong. Should be another good week of fishing ahead.

Bassman

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.